Windows 10: new Windows update includes caret browsing in windows itself and dosen't allow me to use...

Discus and support new Windows update includes caret browsing in windows itself and dosen't allow me to use... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i got an update to windows and the new caret browsing inside of explorer.exe But for some reason it asks me if I want to turn on caret browsing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gabicasap, Jul 28, 2020.

1. gabicasap Win User

new Windows update includes caret browsing in windows itself and dosen't allow me to use...

So i got an update to windows and the new caret browsing inside of explorer.exe

But for some reason it asks me if I want to turn on caret browsing and windows taskkills it

I am asking if you would fix this in the next update

Specs:

AMD Radeon RX580 series

Intel i5-9600KF 3.70GHZ

Boot drive: Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500GB Nvme

Secondary drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

64 bit install of windows with a license

Here is the problem

new Windows update includes caret browsing in windows itself and dosen't allow me to use... [​IMG]

:)

gabicasap, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Jim Bat Win User

Caret Browsing prompt

How remiss of me and Thank you Dave.

I am using Windows EDGE.

Hope this helps

- Regards

Jim

Jim Bat, Jul 28, 2020
  3. PeteG45 Win User
    Caret browsing F7 key

The most recent update to windows forces me to answer the caret browsing question every time I press F7. I play a game that uses F7 for a critical feature. Every time I restart the game I get the same question even if I check the checkbox to remember. Is
    there a way to change the behavior to ctrl-F7 or alt-F7?

Mapping this to an unmodified function key is a terrible choice. You’ve impacted a lot of software by permanently altering the behavior of a commonly used key. I’m not saying that giving an easy method of controlling caret browsing is bad, but the chosen
    implementation is unacceptable.

PeteG45, Jul 28, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

new Windows update includes caret browsing in windows itself and dosen't allow me to use...

Caret Browsing prompt

Hi Jim, which browser are your using, that you want to enable Caret Browsing in?

DaveM121, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. new Windows update includes caret browsing in windows itself and dosen't allow me to use... - Similar Threads - update includes caret

2. Windows 11 home will not allow me to browse to picture and use it as a background.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home will not allow me to browse to picture and use it as a background.: Windows Home seems to be unable to process any external image as background. It will not allow me to browse to picture and use it as a background. Every time I select an image except the 4 default ones that came with windows, the system pauses for 1-2 seconds as though it is...
  3. Windows 11 home will not allow me to browse to picture and use it as a background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home will not allow me to browse to picture and use it as a background.: Windows Home seems to be unable to process any external image as background. It will not allow me to browse to picture and use it as a background. Every time I select an image except the 4 default ones that came with windows, the system pauses for 1-2 seconds as though it is...
  4. How to turn off caret browsing?

How to turn off caret browsing?: Hi, I pressed F7. Got a pop -up. Checked "never show again" and pressed OK, instead of No. Now my keyboard buttons F3 -F7 used for brightness and sound management do not work. Windows 11, Edge.Tried to reset browser - did not help. Tried to turning off this: "Navigate pages...
  5. How to turn off caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caret browsing?: Hi, I pressed F7. Got a pop -up. Checked "never show again" and pressed OK, instead of No. Now my keyboard buttons F3 -F7 used for brightness and sound management do not work. Windows 11, Edge.Tried to reset browser - did not help. Tried to turning off this: "Navigate pages...
  6. I have been seeing caret browsing question after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been seeing caret browsing question after windows update: Hi, ive been seeing if i want to enable caret browsing thing every time i wanna press f7 key. other f1, f2 - f12 keys do not work. i don't know why because yesterday they've been working perfectly fine. what happened and how can i resolve it?- Tim...
  7. I have been seeing caret browsing question after windows update

I have been seeing caret browsing question after windows update: Hi, ive been seeing if i want to enable caret browsing thing every time i wanna press f7 key. other f1, f2 - f12 keys do not work. i don't know why because yesterday they've been working perfectly fine. what happened and how can i resolve it?- Tim...
  8. Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons: Hello, everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and then got a pop up asking if I wanted to enable caret browsing, I selected no, but my f6 key is still opening my search bar. I...
  9. Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons

Caret Browsing and Volume Buttons: Hello, everything has been working fine, until this morning. My volume keys are, f6mute, f7 -, and f8 +. I tried to use them to adjust my volume and then got a pop up asking if I wanted to enable caret browsing, I selected no, but my f6 key is still opening my search bar. I...
  10. Caret browsing F7 key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caret browsing F7 key: The most recent update to windows forces me to answer the caret browsing question every time I press F7. I play a game that uses F7 for a critical feature. Every time I restart the game I get the same question even if I check the checkbox to remember. Is there a way to change...