Windows 10: New Windows Update Made Google Chrome Break

Discus and support New Windows Update Made Google Chrome Break in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I got my Surface Pro computer 2 years ago and no update has messed my computer up this badly. Most schools and colleges use Chrome and all Google... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mads76204863, Oct 30, 2018.

1. New Windows Update Made Google Chrome Break

I got my Surface Pro computer 2 years ago and no update has messed my computer up this badly. Most schools and colleges use Chrome and all Google associated apps as a medium, but now Microsoft Edge has been forcefully downloaded onto my computer. Yesterday (10/27/2018) I tried to make Google Chrome my default browser but it...wouldn't even open. Microsoft Edge kept opening. I had to use Yahoo to access my google apps. Now, today, I've tried to open my Google Chrome app on my desktop and it completely broke. It won't open (and I've forcefully tried to open it with a multitude of options), in my Apps section of the Windows Settings there is a Google Chrome icon but on the right-hand side where it usually displays how much memory an application takes-it's completely blank. I've uninstalled and re-installed to no prevail. I've gone onto the official chrome website to download the application and the installation file never appears. Chrome is off the Microsoft store.

This has made completing homework an absolute nightmare as I'm unable to carry over ANY of my info/bookmarks from Chrome to "Microsoft Edge." I've installed a third-party web browser to act as a loophole to access Chrome. I can't even find an official complaint forum! Am I totally screwed? Will I have to get a Mac to just access Chrome again?

:)

mads76204863, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 31, 2018
  4. New Windows Update Made Google Chrome Break

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

New Windows Update Made Google Chrome Break

1. New Windows Update Made Google Chrome Break - Similar Threads - Update Made Google

2. What’s new in Google Chrome 90 for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Google Chrome 90 for Windows: Google Chrome 90 is now gradually rolling out to users on Windows 10, macOS, Linux, and mobile with multiple consumer-centric features and security improvements. Chrome 90 is also the first version of the browser to automatically load all URLs via the more secure HTTPS...
  3. New profiles experience in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    New profiles experience in Google Chrome: If you're one of the many families who share a computer in your home, or someone who uses their computer for both work and personal browsing, these stories may be familiar: You spent the previous day hand-picking your favorite browser colors and theme, only to discover that...
  4. Restore Google Chrome on a new PC?

in Browsers and Email
    Restore Google Chrome on a new PC?: Hello everybody! :) my computer broke down a few days ago, it just wouldn't boot anymore. Since then I have put a fresh installation of Windows 10 on a new hard disk. But now the question: Google Chrome allows you to synchronize data, settings, addons and passwords. But...
  5. Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features: If you’re using Google Chrome as your primary web browser on Windows 10, a new update is rolling out with several improvements. Google Chrome 78.0.3904.70 or newer comes with new customization abilities on the new tab page (NTP), and as well as a built-in password checkup...
  6. New Google One benefits for Made By Google devices

in Windows 10 News
    New Google One benefits for Made By Google devices: If you haven’t heard, we just announced a few new things Made By Google, including the Pixel 4 and the Google Nest Mini. New Google One benefits help you get more from your Made By Google devices with Google Store member rewards, a free trial with Pixel 4, and Pro Sessions....
  7. Google Chrome updates?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome updates?: I am running Google Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop and Chrome is suppose to update itself in the background automatically. For some reason, it only updates whenever I am in the About Google Chrome and then it updates. Is there a reason why this happens? Just as a note, I...
  8. Google new Made by Google hardware sustainability commitments

in Windows 10 News
    Google new Made by Google hardware sustainability commitments: [img] Most of us can’t get through the day without a phone, tablet, computer or smart speaker. My team at Google understands this well—we’ve been making consumer hardware (like Pixel phones and Google Home Minis) for just over three years now. But building these devices and...
  9. Google Chrome new theme

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome new theme: If you want to try the new Google Chrome theme just go to chrome://flags and search for UI Layout for the browser's top chrome and change it to refresh 114285
  10. Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Google Chrome problems that made the taskbar to act up: From the two questions in this thread, it ends up as a one single topic because I figured out that they are both related. there are two problems regarding to this software. I want a fix to make these problems to not appear again. 1.My first problem is that when I click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update fucked google chrome