Windows 10: New Windows Update Problem with SRT

Discus and support New Windows Update Problem with SRT in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! After the latest windows update (Octomber) when i wanna change the format from a SRT file from ANSI to UTF-8 when i press save then give me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thanos92, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Thanos92 Win User

New Windows Update Problem with SRT

Hello! After the latest windows update (Octomber) when i wanna change the format from a SRT file from ANSI to UTF-8 when i press save then give me a second file and not replace the old file with the new format! Any solution ?

Thanks!

:)

Thanos92, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Dennis Mop Win User

srt/srttrail problem

Hi Stuart,

We would like to know more information regarding the issue that you're experiencing with your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Just to verify, are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 due to the error?
    • When did you start to encounter the srt/srttrail problem?
    • How did you update your laptop to Windows 10 previously?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 3, 2018
  3. theeldest Win User
    Intel SRT: Is this config possible?

I want to say yes but I'm unsure on one point. I don't know if you assign a partition or device for Intel SRT. If it's a partition then you're good to go.

If it's a device then you can't install on the SSD before setting up the other drive with SRT.

Ok, found this link: http://www.tested.com/forums/pc-and...tel-srt-ssd-caching-and-ssd-boot-drive/10322/

This suggests that when you set up SRT it wipes the whole drive.

theeldest, Oct 3, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond New Windows Update Problem with SRT :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. New Windows Update Problem with SRT - Similar Threads - Update Problem SRT

2. C:\Windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C:\Windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt: i can log into windows but that is about it, after i log in all i can do is look at the desktop background. Task manager doesn't open and i cannot open new applications, i've tried startup repair but it shows up with: Startup repair couldn't repair your pc. log file:...
  3. Problem regarding installing new updates for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem regarding installing new updates for windows 10: I have been using Windows 10 since from a month or two and decided to update it. My all the files approximately size 6GB is already been downloaded with help of "Windows 10 Update assistant". Now when it comes to installation i've been getting error like,'Sorry,we are having...
  4. D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt: I am having 500Gb storage acer laptop running on windows 10. C drive of 200GB and d drive of 300GB. Two days before i have intalled ubuntu 18 alongside windows 10 on partion size of 32GB which i shrinks from C drive where my Windows 10 is installed. Only 37GB was remaining...
  5. D:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt windows 10

D:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt windows 10: My computer is about 5yrs old , its a core i7 , 1terabyte hard drive, 8 memory i had windows8.1 upgraded to windows10, was working fine for 4 months . Then all of sudden when i started the computer it says auto repair tool , then can't fix or repair, Then blue screen...
  6. c:/windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt

c:/windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt: 3 year old Asus laptop. Worked perfectly until last week when i got the c:/windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt Error message after installing updates. Followed all steps outlined by michelle Vil in another thread. Steps would not complete. Acess denied for 3rd step to...
  7. Drop Box Problem After New Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop Box Problem After New Update: Has anyone had a problem with Dropbox after installing the new Win 10 version? 110073
  8. New laptop - problem with windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New laptop - problem with windows update: Hi. I have a new HP laptop running windows 10 home. Its currently at 1709 16299.15. So i just started setting it up and I'm having problems with windows update it keeps downloading an update over and over and fails to install it. The update is KB4088776. Gives error...
  9. New update problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    New update problems?: Hi guys, Today after a seemingly windows update - my device has completely crashed and it took, thankfully a system restore to restore it to working condition. The restore itself, states it is of : 12.08.2016 , 15.47. I'm am really curious are any of you...
  10. New Update Causing Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    New Update Causing Problems: That newest big update a couple of days ago- the one where your computer restarted a few times- well, since then I've been having glitches. My Google Chrome is slow to start, switch pages, etc. It didn't do this before. It's self-updating so I'm sure I have the latest...