Windows 10: New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and...

Discus and support New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all... Windows automatically updated (cuz of course it did) and it logged me out of literally every single app, it reset my firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AhJoon, Mar 14, 2021.

1. /u/AhJoon Win User

New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and...

Title says it all... Windows automatically updated (cuz of course it did) and it logged me out of literally every single app, it reset my firefox history, cache, logins etc and now I have to go through the pain of relogging in and reinstalling plugins... Has anyone else had this problem?

submitted by /u/AhJoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AhJoon, Mar 14, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 14, 2021
  4. bumgarb42 Win User

New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and...

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and... [​IMG]

New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and... [​IMG]

bumgarb42, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. New Windows Update reset all my desktop icons and background, firefox logins and cache, and... - Similar Threads - Update reset desktop

2. Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/evether [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llwk33/why_do_all_my_windows_app_icons_have_the_paintnet/
  3. Glitched Desktop Background Cache

in Windows 10 Customization
    Glitched Desktop Background Cache: There is a picture in my windows background settings cache. When I click on it to set as background, it sets with no problem, but I wanted to delete the picture. When I click browse, the file explorer doesn't display the image on the 5-tile "Choose your picture" pallette....
  4. Lost all my desktop icons all of a sudden. Background remains the same.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my desktop icons all of a sudden. Background remains the same.: My desktop suddenly changed. I had approximately 18 icons grouped on the left. Now there's a single row on the left - top to bottom - with maybe two of my shortcuts. I now have trouble finding important places The appearance now is: Start Pinned tiles All apps My name...
  5. Desktop Icons and Background Changed on Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Icons and Background Changed on Updates: This makes the third time today that MS has forced an update on me, even though my Features Updates are deferred for 90 days and is set to ask me about installing updates. That's not counting the other times this past week that this has happened. When you're running 3 PCs and...
  6. Red desktop background and all icons are gone

Red desktop background and all icons are gone: I recently booted up my pc after a while and the background is now red, my icons are gone, and whenever I try to do anything it just loads for a while and then does nothing. submitted by /u/Zuedead115 [link] [comments]...
  7. No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting.

No folders on my desktop and cache and data of all my apps like chrome is resetting.: After a windows update all the folders that was previously on my laptop are all gone. If I actually search for names of the folder then i can still see it. The other issue would be that whenever I turn my laptop on and off all my cache and data of apps are gone. This would...
  8. My laptop got rid of all my desktop icons, changed everything to generic (background, login...

My laptop got rid of all my desktop icons, changed everything to generic (background, login...: A few days ago I logged in and suddenly my login background was changed to a generic picture, my desktop background is a generic picture, all the icons on my desktop for important files were gone, and I am only able to access basic apps like chrome, avg tuneup, turbotax. I...
  9. Firefox Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Desktop Shortcut Icons: I wasn't sure what forum to post this in. I'm using Win 10 64 and Firefox 63.0.3. If I make a shortcut from Firefox to a website on the desktop (using drag-and-drop), the icon for the site will show up really small inside of a white box with the "shortcut" arrow. All of my...
  10. Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background

Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background: Hi, I have set the option "Show Windows Background on the sign in screen" in personalization -> Lock screen to true and I changed my wallpaper. The sign in screen keeps the default blue sign in background. This occurs on my PC and my laptop. Both are running Windows 10...