Windows 10: New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On

Discus and support New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I accidently installed the new Windows update on 8/11. When I put my computer to sleep, the screen goes black, and about 30 seconds later it comes back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by joleneHXC, Aug 18, 2019.

1. joleneHXC Win User

New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On

I accidently installed the new Windows update on 8/11. When I put my computer to sleep, the screen goes black, and about 30 seconds later it comes back to life. This is especially frustrating because my huge monitor turning on while I am trying to sleep mere feet away from my desk causes my entire room to light up.

Does anyone know how I can get sleep mode to work like normal again? I don't like to turn my computer off every night.

Thanks,

Jo

:)

joleneHXC, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

been dealing with this one myself actually, since i went 8.1

in a CMD prompt you can use
    powercfg -lastwake

to find out the cause. for me it was windows 'scheduled maintenance' which can be disabled in the windows "action center"

default time is 2am.

Mussels, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User

Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this on my own for over a week can't get it to stop. I think it's a software problem?

My problem: Computer will randomly turn on when in sleep mode it usually happens around 1-6am, but has happened during the day time. My computer is in the bed room so I can here it turn on.

Investigating: I have hurried and checked my computer right once it turned itself on and didn't see anything running in the background, no updates, no scanning etc...

Settings Changes: I have turned off auto updates of many things or switched them to only happen on Saturdays 6-10PM(didn't fix it)
    I have gone through every single even scheduler(46) made sure none of them can wake computer from sleep mode.(didn't fix it)
    I have scanned for virus ETC. Kaspersky/ Malwarebytes Pro(didn't fix it)
    Checked MB bios and made sure all wake up settings are OFF(didn't fix it)

Conclusion: This is why I need your help as you can see I have tried many things but still cant fix it. THE ONE thing I can't stop is the stupid Skydrive I have even tried creating registry file to stop it. The only other thing I can think of is a electrical problem in the wall sending it a slight jolt or something? It is plugged in to a surge protector a Monster Flatscreen HTS 400, it also cleans the power... It says its grounded and protection is on...

Thanks for any help/suggestions! As you can tell I feel like I have tried everything I know... Also I just woke up and didn't get much sleep so if something didn't make sense that's why...

Delta6326, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

I'll keep that in mind blobster21, for now I disable booting from keyboard and mouse to see if this fixes my problem... My computer sites on my desk and is very easy to just press the power button to turn on from sleep mode.

Delta6326, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. New Windows Update Sleep Mode- Computer Randomly Turning On - Similar Threads - Update Sleep Mode

2. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  3. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  4. My computer can't turn off sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer can't turn off sleep mode: Tôi đang sử dụng cửa sổ 10 khi máy tính của tôi chuyển sang chế độ ngủ, sau một lúc nó không thể bật lại đượcCảm ơn tất cả các câu trả lời.PhamTien https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-turn-off-sleep-mode/3703b6f0-00d5-4c7a-8f29-d5c72672a0a0
  5. Computer turns to sleep mode but it auto wake

Computer turns to sleep mode but it auto wake: 1. I have check in command prompt using powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Fixed Feature Power Button 2. Using powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION:...
  6. Computer sleep but not sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer sleep but not sleep mode: I discovered this after I left a semi-intensive program running overnight after a certain amount of time maybe 15 mins I'm not sure, my computer would freeze the program. No warning no error message but after some testing it appeared to have gone into some sort of power...
  7. Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is randomly going into sleep mode.: Event logs show it as user S-1-5-19, a non-named user account. Below is the event. This happens often. <EventID>1</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated...
  8. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.

Computer Randomly shutting down or going into sleep mode.: I have tried following the troubleshooting steps online and nothing seems to be working. I have included an error code I get when it happens sometimes. Really apprecaite the assistance, Kilen[IMG]...
  10. Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Randomly Turns on During Sleep: The title says it all. When I put the computer to sleep, every few hours it turns back on. I cannot seem to find the problem in any power option. I made sure that my drivers do not wake up my computer in sleep. 17143

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer turns on when sleep windows update