Windows 10: New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable"

Discus and support New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I updated Windows recently and I was about to allow an app through ransomware protection and noticed Its no longer in the settings. Same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndresTaylan, Oct 16, 2021.

1. New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable"

Ever since I updated Windows recently and I was about to allow an app through ransomware protection and noticed Its no longer in the settings. Same goes to my Virus & Threat Protection being unavailable or Call IT administration.I checked other blogs about it, found a tutorial by using Group Policynow my question is... Why???because it got me worried that I got hacked again claiming they still had accessed to my PC even when I factory reset it from a ransomware attack.

:)

AndresTaylan, Oct 16, 2021
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Oct 16, 2021
  3. imwhomim Win User
    Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, Oct 16, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable"

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable"

1. New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable" - Similar Threads - Windowss update Hid

2. Virus and threat protection page unavailable ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection page unavailable ?: can't open virus and threat protection page says it admin has limited access* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-page-unavailable/72233094-ee10-41b7-ab27-25625188383b
  3. Virus and threat protection page unavailable ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and threat protection page unavailable ?: can't open virus and threat protection page says it admin has limited access* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-page-unavailable/72233094-ee10-41b7-ab27-25625188383b
  4. Virus and Threat protection settings unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat protection settings unavailable.: Hello Community,My roommate tried to install a cracked PC game on my laptop and disables by windows defender to do so. I have now realized that I can no longer access my virus and threat protection settings. Whenever I click on Virus & threat protection setting I get the...
  5. Virus and Threat protection settings unavailable.

Virus and Threat protection settings unavailable.: Hello Community,My roommate tried to install a cracked PC game on my laptop and disables by windows defender to do so. I have now realized that I can no longer access my virus and threat protection settings. Whenever I click on Virus & threat protection setting I get the...
  6. Virus and Threat protection page not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat protection page not available: Press windows key type "regedit" , hit enterBrowse for Computer\HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Delete file on right side named "DisableAntiSpyware"Now reopen "Virus and thread protection" and check...
  7. windows 10 virus and threat protection engine unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 virus and threat protection engine unavailable: windows 10 virus and threat protection engine unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-10-virus-and-threat-protection-engine/2b3943ba-858c-4633-bc40-838128ace479
  8. virus protection and threat protection is saying "engine unavailable"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus protection and threat protection is saying "engine unavailable": when trying to update "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.363.104.0" is not updating or installing it, im afraid that im open to virus's and malware because of this...
  9. New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable": Ever since I updated Windows recently and I was about to allow an app through ransomware protection and noticed Its no longer in the settings. Same goes to my Virus & Threat Protection being unavailable or Call IT administration.I checked other blogs about it, found a...
  10. New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable"

New Windowss 10 update Hid my Virus & Threat Protection or became "page unavailable": Ever since I updated Windows recently and I was about to allow an app through ransomware protection and noticed Its no longer in the settings. Same goes to my Virus & Threat Protection being unavailable or Call IT administration.I checked other blogs about it, found a...