Windows 10: New windowsupdates, now start-search got broken!

Discus and support New windowsupdates, now start-search got broken! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just yesterday this %'&%&'% started happening with windows10 search; probably after non-requested and unneeded update. The search results are covered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hale_ru, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Hale_ru Win User

New windowsupdates, now start-search got broken!

Just yesterday this %'&%&'% started happening with windows10 search; probably after non-requested and unneeded update.

The search results are covered by some opaque grey box.

The results are only visible if you click above the box by mouse; it is quite annoying.

Is there a way to fix this?

Winver: 2004 build 19041.330

Search build: 2020.12.10.17325173

Old trick with regedit->search->bing: enable does not work.

As you see, the display is 4K with necessary scaling

New windowsupdates, now start-search got broken! cabced98-9dbf-4ce4-83a2-bbbff1b77ddb?upload=true.png

:)

Hale_ru, Dec 11, 2020

2. Help Me -- Ghost Programs -- Start search Broken

Thanks for the suggestion but still didn't work. I tried to restart after it problem still there.

Any other suggestions that I haven't done or some same steps that I forgot something.

Kim Isiah Falogme, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 11, 2020
  4. New windowsupdates, now start-search got broken!

Help Me -- Ghost Programs -- Start search Broken

Since different troubleshooting steps have been completed and the same issue is still occurring when using Cortana search, we suggest that you clear the device history and cache used in Cortana search. This will remove any history and cached data that may
    be the cause of the concern. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Select the Cortana icon (Windows Key+S) on the taskbar.
    • Select the Settings (gear) icon.
    • On the list of option scroll down until you see the Clear my device history button under
      My device history. (see screenshot below as reference)

New windowsupdates, now start-search got broken! 5188d3d4-48f7-4e9f-bbf3-4820601e483b.jpg

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

New windowsupdates, now start-search got broken!

1. New windowsupdates, now start-search got broken! - Similar Threads - windowsupdates start search

2. Broken icons in search of start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken icons in search of start menu.: Hi all, I have an issue with the icons in the search of start. They look blank / broken, please see the screen shot. See the Weather app as an example: [ATTACH] This happened to all my machines, desktop and 2 laptops. On all devices I run Windows 10 Pro - 20H2. Do you...
  3. Start Menu and File Explorer search broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu and File Explorer search broken: For some reason, when I click on the search icon on the start menu, or the search box in file explorer, nothing happens. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm on v2004. submitted by /u/badass-techie [link] [comments]...
  4. Start menu search funtion broken

in Cortana
    Start menu search funtion broken: In the bottom left of the screen, I have enabled the little search button next to the windows icon. clicking this button does nothing. Typing while the start menu is open does nothing. Attempting to disable the button/combine it with the start menu button does nothing....
  5. Start Menu Program Search Broken

in Cortana
    Start Menu Program Search Broken: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Uninstalled programs will also still show in the results after having been removed. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer,...
  6. Search bars and start menu broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bars and start menu broken: Search bar in task bar does not accept any input and flickers when clicked, search bars in windows accept input but display only empty pages instead of search results. Right clicking in start menu won't work and I also can't open any cascading menus in the start menu. Had...
  7. Reinstalled Windows and now my Start Menu search is broken

Reinstalled Windows and now my Start Menu search is broken: Edit: Ah for God's sake. It's still on 1809. I didn't realise we need to manually approve feature updates. My previous installation just did it without asking, so I guess that's a Professional thing. I'll bring it up to 1909 and if the problem is still there I'll make a new...
  8. Broken icons start menu search

Broken icons start menu search: [ATTACH] In the last 2 days I found this issue on my windows, not sure how many icons are affected but it looks really awful, it seem to be only on the search part of the start menu and to include most but not all the apps, what can I do to fix it? Thanks...
  9. New 1909 search bar is broken

New 1909 search bar is broken: It has been less than 12 hours since I installed the update but so far the search bar has become unresponsive on 2 separate occasions. The cursor does not show. It is just frozen. The first one happened during normal use and the other just happened right now after waking up...
  10. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....