Windows 10: New wireless mouse still jerks cursor across the screen

Discus and support New wireless mouse still jerks cursor across the screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a new mouse because the old one was jerking the cursor across the screen, sometimes in mid sentence while I am typing. It is very frustrating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sharon BBurress, Nov 20, 2018.

1. New wireless mouse still jerks cursor across the screen

I got a new mouse because the old one was jerking the cursor across the screen, sometimes in mid sentence while I am typing. It is very frustrating because if I am looking at the copy that I typing from instead of the screen, it will start typing somewhere else on the page and I have to edit that, plus go back to my line of typing to continue. This would be fine, I guess if it were infrequent but it has happened at least 6 times since I started this email. It usually pulls to the bottom right corner of the screen, but not always. What do I need to do to get it to stop? It obviously isn't the mouse since the new one is doing exactly what the old one did.

:)

Sharon BBurress, Nov 20, 2018
  2. gary125 Win User

Ever since Microsoft Wireless Mouse 4000 was installed the movements of the cursor are jerking

Original Title: Microsoft Wireless Mouse 4000

I just replaced my mouse with this one and ever since it was installed the movements of the cursor are jerking to the extent I can hardly get anything done. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem never goes away.

Gary

gary125, Nov 20, 2018
  3. aldel Win User
    MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks

MS wireless keyboard 800 and mouse 1000 combo. Latest MS drivers and clean install of windows 10 home.
    The mouse pointer frequently jerks and jumps and then after a few seconds releases and runs smoothly again. New batteries make no difference. I have moved the little receiver into various USB slots, type 2and3, to no effect.
    Anyone else having this problem?

aldel, Nov 20, 2018
  4. New wireless mouse still jerks cursor across the screen

Ever since Microsoft Wireless Mouse 4000 was installed the movements of the cursor are jerking

Hi Gary,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Does the wireless mouse work on a different computer?
    Initially, I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Also, see: Troubleshoot response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/838398

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

New wireless mouse still jerks cursor across the screen

1. New wireless mouse still jerks cursor across the screen - Similar Threads - wireless mouse still

2. Mouse cursor disappears on wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor disappears on wireless display: I have a new Win11 desktop, and I've used the Wireless Display option to extend the desktop to an older Win10 laptop. When I move the mouse to the wireless display, the mouse cursor disappears. It's still there, because I can see where it highlights items in the taskbar when...
  3. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  4. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  5. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My cursor is jerking and not clicking

in Cortana
    My cursor is jerking and not clicking: My cursor gets stuck and then it does not go smoothly and it's jerking every now and then. And I can't click anything either. Please help me I really need help fast...
  7. Mouse jerks, Windows 10?

Mouse jerks, Windows 10?: Hello, I have a gaming pc and therefore also a gaming mouse. The mouse is from Boostbox. My problem is that the mouse jerks all the time, so it jumps everywhere when I move it. Does anyone know what to do? TIA Maus ruckelt, Windows 10?
  8. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?: I updated my graphics card and noticed my mouse was stuttering and lagging whenever I moved it across the screen. The problem persists on the touchpad as well. This hasn’t happened before and I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated! Edit: Just to...
  9. Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking: Okay, so first off I want to say that one of my 3.0 drives has had this problem for a while, but now it's all my drives. It only moves barely and it bothers me, I can barely do anything on here now. I'm not sure if it's my mouse or the computer. But my computer has had a lot...
  10. MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks

MS wireless mouse pointer stutters and jerks: MS wireless keyboard 800 and mouse 1000 combo. Latest MS drivers and clean install of windows 10 home. The mouse pointer frequently jerks and jumps and then after a few seconds releases and runs smoothly again. New batteries make no difference. I have moved the little...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 wireless mouse jerky

2. microsoft wireless mouse 3000 pointer jerks

3. cursor jerks across screen