Windows 10: New work computer- No bloatware and HD has 107GB used up

Discus and support New work computer- No bloatware and HD has 107GB used up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All, I just received a new computer (out the box) from our IT department. It is temporary computer until my new one comes in from Dell. I booted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WhoaStra, Jan 17, 2017.

1. WhoaStra Win User

New work computer- No bloatware and HD has 107GB used up

All,

I just received a new computer (out the box) from our IT department. It is temporary computer until my new one comes in from Dell. I booted it up started window up and seen the C drive is full only 13GB free of 107GB. There is no bloatware, just office and adobe installed. I know the HD is small, but I doubt it should be this full with only windows installed.

I went into the C drive got totals space taken up by the folders and my results were:

Windows Folder:40.3GB
    Program Files 86x Folder:7GB
    All other folders add up to about 2 GB

A total of 48.3GB

My question are:

Why is my drive full?

58GB of space unaccounted for ( also checked for hidden folders)

Thank you,

New work computer- No bloatware and HD has 107GB used up [​IMG]

:)

WhoaStra, Jan 17, 2017
  2. AStark72 Win User

Home group issue. PC 2 can read but cannot copy foles to PC1 external HDD

Original title: External HD read/write

Win 10, Two computers, both members of Homegroup, one has external HD to be shared by Homegroup. Homegroup seems to work, shared printers seem to work, HD visible by both computers, browsable by both computers, security set to full control for everyone.
    Problem is that PC#2 only has read access to ext HD on PC#1, no matter what security settings I use on the HD. I can't save new files from PC#2 to the ext HD on PC#1, says no access rights. One problem might be that both computers use the same Microsoft
    account to log in when they first boot up. I tried adding a second admin user on PC#2 and then adding that user in the security settings on PC#1 but I can't get PC#1 to "see" the new user on PC#2. That advanced security dialogue boxes only "see" the users
    on PC#1. Help.

AStark72, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Quicken 2014 installs in Windows 10, but all of the fonts are extremely small

It's not Windows 10 really, this problem is because your new computer has a HD display with many more pixels. Quicken program "thinks" it is still showing the same size as always. But a 10-pixel sized font looks a lot smaller when you have so many more
    pixels than before.

Apple had the same problem when they came out with Retina Display, which is the same as the HD monitors that all new computers have, only app used the special "Retina" brand name.

Like Apple had to do when they forced all their programmers to rebuild new apps that work on HD screens, Quicken has to do that too. So give them a call, tell them you have a HD screen (High DPI).

It's likely that newer versions of Quicken are already build to understand high-DPI screens, but it's up to you if you want to buy the new one or not.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 17, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Click Action Center/All settings/System/Storage and click drive for a basic breakdown.

mrgeek, Jan 17, 2017
  5. WhoaStra Win User
    MrGeek,
    Thank you, but it still is not adding up. The section other has 34GB of space used up, but it only shows folders with data with a combined 1GB of data.

WhoaStra, Jan 17, 2017
  6. Porthos Win User
  7. mrgeek Win User
    WhoaStra

When I click Other like in your screen shot, I get 18+ gb with not much more breakdown than yours. So I ran WinDirStat, a thorough disk space analysis tool, to get a further breakdown and the only item resembling this size is the Driver Store in System32. You're showing almost twice that so there may be other hidden folders to account for like a work recovery image that was flashed to it, restore points or something. If you have admin rights, download WinDirStat here - Download WinDirStat and let it analyze. Hope this helps

mrgeek, Jan 17, 2017
  8. HRC
    HRC Win User

Is system restore turned on?

Thema:

1. New work computer- No bloatware and HD has 107GB used up - Similar Threads - computer bloatware has

2. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  3. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  4. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with new computer having full HD.

Issue with new computer having full HD.: Recently purchased HP with Windows 11 Pro, two 1TB HD one of which is an SSD and from the get-go my main HD has been full and notifies me that it is full or very close to full to almost full since purchase. Am I missing something here? Are there steps I can take to move any...
  6. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  7. setting up a user on a new computer for work

setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  8. bloatware

in Windows 10 Customization
    bloatware: after running this command in powershell - DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages select-string Packagename the results include - AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-2.59462344778C5_10.19.40016.0_x64__0a9344xs7nr4m i think this is the AMD radeon settings lite app is it...
  9. Bloatware on new HP laptop

Bloatware on new HP laptop: I just bought a new HP ProBook laptop which has the following bloatware installed: HP Client Security Manager HP Connection Manager HP Sure Click HP Notifications HP Support Assist I’m inclined to remove all except Support Assist unless anyone can advise me any of the rest...
  10. Bloatware

Bloatware: I finally received my Dell Laptop. It came with little bloatware and I am very surprised with it. So far it works flawless. However, the bloatware that it did come with, I would like to know if I should remove it. The following is the list of bloatware: 1.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which computers have the least bloatware