Windows 10: New work station graphics card idle while onboard doing all the work

Discus and support New work station graphics card idle while onboard doing all the work in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Yesterday, at work, they gave me a new Lenovo ThinkStation. It seems like a pretty nice setup with Intel I-7 processor, 16 gb ram memory, an NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Astrolite, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Astrolite Win User

New work station graphics card idle while onboard doing all the work

Yesterday, at work, they gave me a new Lenovo ThinkStation. It seems like a pretty nice setup with Intel I-7 processor, 16 gb ram memory, an NVIDIA Quadro P620 graphics card, dual Viewsonic monitors and, of course, Windows 10.

The NVIDIA graphics card is visible in Device Manager, which says it is working properly, and is shown when I open the Task Manager Performance tab. However, it constantly shows 0% utilization. Even when I Google Graphics Test and run some "Graphics Intensive" video it just sits there at idle, at 0%, while the Intel onboard graphics does all the work. Is this normal?

I have checked its usage settings in NVIDIA Control Panel. There are only two choices, forgive me as I don't remember their exact wording, "Graphics Applications" or "Graphics and Computing Needs", it is set on the latter setting.

Any insight on this would be appreciated. I hate to think that I have a decent video card and I am not using it, especially on a brand new machine.

:)

Astrolite, Apr 5, 2019
  2. bimfi Win User

cannot get onboard video to work

I recently built a new PC and found out my graphics card is malfunctioning. I need to send it back, so I pulled it out and plugged my monitor into the onboard HDMI port on my Asus Prime X370 Pro motherboard. Nothing happened. I cound not get a signal to even get into BIOS. I ended up putting the card back in so that I could research why the onboard graphics will not work. I went into BIOS just now, but couldn't find where to enable it from. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

bimfi, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Samv70 Win User
    Graphics Card Not Working after Windows 10 Update

Hi and thank you for the help. I originally had integrated graphics on my monitor but I later installed a graphics card. Everything worked fine until I upgraded my PC to windows 10. After the installation, my monitor was getting no signal from both my
    graphics card and my onboard graphics. I unplugged my graphics card and my onboard graphics worked fine but with my graphics card plugged in neither of them work. I have a gtx660 and never had any problems like this before the update so I don't think its a
    hardware issue. I tried to install new drivers for my graphics card but I need to have it plugged in to do this and, like I said before, I can't see anything with it plugged in. Again thanks for the help.

Samv70, Apr 5, 2019
  4. New work station graphics card idle while onboard doing all the work

disabling gpu and activating onboard graphics

how do I disable graphics card and activate onboard graphics

randybutler, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

New work station graphics card idle while onboard doing all the work

1. New work station graphics card idle while onboard doing all the work - Similar Threads - station graphics card

2. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card not working: My graphics card fans aren’t spinning. Nor does it show up in the task manager. I swapped out the gpu and that one worked fine. This problem started after I cleaned the gpu....
  3. How do i disable onboard graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i disable onboard graphics card: I have tried everything i have a dell g 5525 and the specs areAMD RYZEN 5 6600HRTX LAPTOP GPU 30508GB DDR5 RAM180 W POWER CHARGERNVME SAMSUNG 256 GBI have tried everything within windows like nividia, device manager,bios, and everything u can think off please help....
  4. How do i disable onboard graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i disable onboard graphics card: I have tried everything i have a dell g 5525 and the specs areAMD RYZEN 5 6600HRTX LAPTOP GPU 30508GB DDR5 RAM180 W POWER CHARGERNVME SAMSUNG 256 GBI have tried everything within windows like nividia, device manager,bios, and everything u can think off please help....
  5. How do i disable onboard graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Graphics Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card Not Working: I recently, accidentally broke my SSD. I got my Win 10 working on the new SSD. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get the video card to work. Its a GeForce GTX 1060. When I remove the graphics card and run HDMI out from the motherboard, it works fine. But, when I install...
  7. Graphics Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Not Working: I recently, accidentally broke my SSD. I got my Win 10 working on the new SSD. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get the video card to work. Its a GeForce GTX 1060. When I remove the graphics card and run HDMI out from the motherboard, it works fine. But, when I install...
  8. Graphic Card is not working

Graphic Card is not working: I have bought ASUS Zenbook Model UX330UAR with no warranty . After 20 days when i restart laptop it didn't start sign in option comes and screen goes black... I tried updating graphic driver... But nothing solve this problem..... Then i Reset and Install Windows again..........
  9. Graphics card not working

Graphics card not working: Computer Parts Motherboard: Prime x470 pro Power Supply: Powerspec 550W, 80+ Bronze Cpu: Ryzen 5 2400g /w Vega 11 Integrated Graphics Gpu: Amd rx 580 8gb 2 Ram Slots corsair veng. 8gb each I have done a full malware scan, Made sure my HDMI is plugged into my graphics card and...
  10. Graphics card not working

Graphics card not working: So I just recently got a new graphics card I put it in perfectly and connected the cord that powers it and when I boot the PC on the fan starts to work and everything but the graphics card doesn't install or show anywhere on my PC like windows isn't detecting it and it...