Windows 10: New Xbox bluetooth controller is not correctly identified in Windows 10

Discus and support New Xbox bluetooth controller is not correctly identified in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bought a new Xbox bluetooth controller Carbon Black. The device connects fine via Bluetooth. However, the device is not recognized as a Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sadovaya, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Sadovaya Win User

New Xbox bluetooth controller is not correctly identified in Windows 10

• Bought a new Xbox bluetooth controller Carbon Black.
    • The device connects fine via Bluetooth.
    • However, the device is not recognized as a Xbox controller. In Game Controllers, the device is listed as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch", which is of course a generic name.
    • Most of the buttons appear to be working fine more or less but for the two triggers. However, Steam doesn't seem to work with the device it also lists it as "6 axis etc.".
    • In Device Manager, the device is listed only as "HID Compliant Game Controller"
    • I tried to update the drivers but it didn't work.

:)

Sadovaya, Nov 10, 2020

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 10, 2020
  4. New Xbox bluetooth controller is not correctly identified in Windows 10

Acelyn Alc, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

New Xbox bluetooth controller is not correctly identified in Windows 10

1. New Xbox bluetooth controller is not correctly identified in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox bluetooth controller

2. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: What it says, i found a locked thread about exactly the same issue but none of the fixes work for me. cannot roll back the firmware on xbox accessories and the trick with human interface devices also does not work....
  3. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: What it says, i found a locked thread about exactly the same issue but none of the fixes work for me. cannot roll back the firmware on xbox accessories and the trick with human interface devices also does not work....
  4. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New Wireless Xbox controller won't connect to Bluetooth.

New Wireless Xbox controller won't connect to Bluetooth.: I just bought a new Wireless Xbox controller, and when I try to connect it to Bluetooth, it says, "Driver error." I've tried looking it up, and most articles say I need to download the Xbox Accessories App, which won't install. It says, "There was an error on our end."I've...
  6. Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device

Xbox one Controller identified as Bluetooth LE Xinput Device: Hi,I recenlty got a new controller and went ahead and updated the controller firmware through the XBOX accessories app, after the update however the controller is not recognised as Xbox one controller in Bluetooth mode rather as Bluetooth LE Xinput device.The issue that...
  7. Windows 10 XBOX Pulse red controller Bluetooth wrong identified 6 axis 16 button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 XBOX Pulse red controller Bluetooth wrong identified 6 axis 16 button: Hi, I have bought Xbox Wireless Controller, Red Pulse, but on Windows 10 Pro, not working correctly with Bluetooth.In Game Controllers, the device is listed as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch"I have already update firmware via Xbox Accessories app and my system is...
  8. Windows 10 XBOX Pulse red controller Bluetooth wrong identified 6 axis 16 button

Windows 10 XBOX Pulse red controller Bluetooth wrong identified 6 axis 16 button: Hi, I have bought Xbox Wireless Controller, Red Pulse, but on Windows 10 Pro, not working correctly with Bluetooth.In Game Controllers, the device is listed as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch"I have already update firmware via Xbox Accessories app and my system is...
  9. New Xbox Wireless controller not working correctly for Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Xbox Wireless controller not working correctly for Bluetooth.: Has anyone else noticed this? In a few applications, it is listed as BLUETOOH LE XINUPUT controller, and not as an "XBOX ONE CONTROLLER". I've already updated to latest firmware, and latest Windows update. It works fine with a cable, but I did not buy this to use with a...
  10. xbox controller bluetooth

xbox controller bluetooth: My Xbox one controller won't connect to my computer via Bluetooth, and my usb port is broken so I cant connect that way. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-bluetooth/e728b9a1-ba66-49c9-b61a-91617beab8ad