Windows 10: NEW XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WIRELESS BUT WITH USB CABLE CAUSING STUTTERING/LAGS/ GAMES UNPLAYABLE

Discus and support NEW XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WIRELESS BUT WITH USB CABLE CAUSING STUTTERING/LAGS/ GAMES UNPLAYABLE in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; yeah ... the same problem as many other via the xbox controller with bluetooth example.. Need for Speed Heat other Controller: Game works perfect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by steffenströtz, Jun 27, 2020.

1. NEW XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WIRELESS BUT WITH USB CABLE CAUSING STUTTERING/LAGS/ GAMES UNPLAYABLE

yeah ... the same problem as many other via the xbox controller with bluetooth

example.. Need for Speed Heat

other Controller: Game works perfect

Xbox Controller : Game unplayable

Any Workaround after around 3 years there?

There were many threads open but no fix

:)

steffenströtz, Jun 27, 2020

2. Game stutter caused by Xbox One Controller

Recently, I started to experience severe game stutter while playing games on my Windows 10 PC. Everything runs fine for the first few minutes of playing...then a few stutters would happen here and then, and it eventually progresses to unplayable. I thought
    it was a graphics card issue at first, but it was only happening in some games.

After a while, I realized that it only happened in games where I was using my wireless xbox one controller to play. I tested this out more and notice that the problem occurs when ever you actually press inputs on the controller. For example, the game would
    run smooth if I left the controller alone, but as soon as I pressed forward on one of the analog sticks the stutter would start. Then I'd let go and it would return to running smooth immediately.

I tried direct connecting the controller via USB, but that didn't help the problem. I did find a workaround by uninstalling the device, then installing it with the original drivers (downloaded here: Xbox One Controller PC Drivers Are Now Out For Download, Courtesy of Major Nelson).
    It works fine with these drivers, but they don't support wireless connectivity which is kind of cramping my style as I like to stream to my TV in the next room with the controller direct connected to the PC wirelessly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jmarks2001, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Xbox One controller not working wireless - Device could not be migrated

This thread from Reddit may help you. It appears that the Xbox One controllers can utilize two drivers; Xbox One Controller, and Microsoft Xbox One Controller.

The thread has other troubleshooting steps, but the two main (and most popular/successful steps appear to be as follows)

Method 1

Method 2

Hopefully this helps. If not, there's something else awry, and other troubleshooting may be needed.

EDIT: Per the asker's request;

I'm not sure if this solved it or if it was just a weird side effect of changing the drivers version forward and backward again. When connected via USB cable it said "Xbox controller", changed that to "Xbox gaming device", unplugged the USB cable, and the wireless stuff started to work for whatever reason... No idea why!

Kaizerwolf, Jun 27, 2020
  4. NEW XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WIRELESS BUT WITH USB CABLE CAUSING STUTTERING/LAGS/ GAMES UNPLAYABLE

Xbox Controller on Windows 10 Causing Stuttering

When using an Xbox One controller on Windows 10 it works perfectly for about 30 minutes then the game video and audio begins to stutter and quickly gets worse until the game is unplayable. By unplugging the controller then plugging it back in the problem
    is fixed immediately without having to leave the game but begins again after another 30 mins. The is occurring with every game I've tried it on and with both a standard and an elite controller.

Brett Lyons, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

NEW XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WIRELESS BUT WITH USB CABLE CAUSING STUTTERING/LAGS/ GAMES UNPLAYABLE

1. NEW XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WIRELESS BUT WITH USB CABLE CAUSING STUTTERING/LAGS/ GAMES UNPLAYABLE - Similar Threads - XBOX CONTROLLER WIRELESS

2. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  3. Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one Controller wont connect to Pc via USB cable: Hi, so i have an xbox one controller, and ive been using usb to play with my pc, but just recently it just stopped working for some reason. The controller recieves power but when i press and hold the xbox button it continues to idle, and not stay static. The drivers have been...
  4. Random Mouse Lagging and beeping caused by the Xboxe one wireless controller !!!!!!

Random Mouse Lagging and beeping caused by the Xboxe one wireless controller !!!!!!: Its been 5 years since this problem was first announced and it seem that Microsoft doesn't give a dam about it cause IT IS STILL HAPPENING!!!!!!! PLEASE for the love of GOD FIX THIS DAM ISSUE !!!!!!!!! It is VERRRYYYY annoying. After I connect my Xboxe one wireless...
  5. Xbox controller causing stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller causing stutter: Has anyone found a fix for this yet this problem seems to have been going on for years now and I have never seen a fix. I have tried everything I have found online and nothing works. Connected controller with usb, bluetooth, and windows own adapter. Nothing I have turned...
  6. Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes stuttering and xinput problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes stuttering and xinput problems.: Two part, not so critical issue. Issue one: When connected via Bluetooth, and the batteries die, the controller stays on, and the whole pc grinds to about 1-2fps until I pull the batteries, then everything returns to normal. Issue two: I use controller companion to use my...
  7. Xbox one controller via Cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller via Cable: Somehow my pc does not recognize my Controller the drivers are updated and it also recieves power but i can't use it submitted by /u/Bw0lf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9g3zz/xbox_one_controller_via_cable/
  8. XBOX One Controller only works with one USB Cable

XBOX One Controller only works with one USB Cable: I play a few games on my Windows 10 machine with an XBOX one controller. I usually have the same cable plugged into the controller, and unplug it from the machine occasionally when I need to free up a port. Well the other day I wanted to charge my tablet so I grabbed the...
  9. Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers

Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers: Hello, I recently had an issue with my computer and had to completely reinstall Windows on my system. After this issue, I tried to reconnect my Xbox One controllers using my USB wireless receiver and noticed they didn't automatically pair. I thought it was the normal...
  10. Xbox one controller causing FPS lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller causing FPS lag: My issue is exactly as stated by many others in this locked, unanswered thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-s-controller-causing-major-performance/e69a5864-794f-4355-83d8-a018b7ade00f Please fix this, rather than just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox wireless controller audio stutters on wireless but not on cable