Windows 10: Newbie after 5 years on Mac, How to find Safari favorites to transfer

Discus and support Newbie after 5 years on Mac, How to find Safari favorites to transfer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I will be picking up Surface For Latop 2 tomorrow from Staples. I think I transferred all my mac files to a 500gb external HD. I have opened all the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mikeys, Oct 4, 2019.

1. mikeys Win User

Newbie after 5 years on Mac, How to find Safari favorites to transfer

I will be picking up Surface For Latop 2 tomorrow from Staples. I think I transferred all my mac files to a 500gb external HD. I have opened all the folders on the ext hd and can't find my bookmarks/favorites. Apple community is useless, their finder app is useless. will someone point me to the favorites folder on a mac HD ? Otherwise I'll have to have Staples do it and I want to avoid the $$.

Thanks and Cheers
    Mikey

:)

mikeys, Oct 4, 2019

2. Nokia Multimedia Transfer + Safari Bookmarks = Not Working

Okay, asked and answered:

Bookmark transfer never worked for me *until* I deleted:

~/Library/Application Support/Nokia Multimedia Transfer

on my Mac, restarted the Nokia Multimedia Transfer app, and re-configured my device.

Now Safari bookmark sync is working find in both directions.

I suspect this may all be due to the fact that I've been using the Nokia Multimedia Transfer application since very early betas, so something remained as a legacy in the application preferences that was preventing bookmark sync.

The only annoyance, and this is a known issue with the syncing mentioned in the Nokia FAQ, is that the transfer of the Safari bookmarks on the Mac to the Nokia device doesn't include the folder structure, so everything in sub-folders in the Safari bookmarks
    just appears all together, alphabetically, on the N95.

reinventedpei, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Nokia Multimedia Transfer + Safari Bookmarks = Not Working

I'm using Nokia Multimedia Transfer v1.3 (4740) on a MacBook running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.2 with a Nokia N95 8GB.

Under "Device Settings" in Nokia Multimedia Transfer I have both options under "Bookmark Sync" checked ON.

However after transfers to/from the N95 are completed (i.e. after I click "Start Transfers" in Nokia Multimedia Transfer and the sync occurs), there's no evidence that bookmark transfer has taken place: there's no "Safari" folder in the N95's browser bookmarks,
    and there's no "Nokia N95" folder in Safari's bookmarks.

Music and Photo transfer happen without problems.

reinventedpei, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Newbie after 5 years on Mac, How to find Safari favorites to transfer

Bill Smithers, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Newbie after 5 years on Mac, How to find Safari favorites to transfer

1. Newbie after 5 years on Mac, How to find Safari favorites to transfer - Similar Threads - Newbie years Mac

2. how to find mac addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to find mac addresses: I have win10 latest release and a Telstra router. I want to use 'parental control' and limit the access hours of some computers on our home LAN. But the software requires I supply the MAC address of the devices I want to control. But the router software does not display MAC...
  3. how to find mac addresses

in Windows 10 Support
    how to find mac addresses: I have win10 latest release and a Telstra router. I want to use 'parental control' and limit the access hours of some computers on our home LAN. But the software requires I supply the MAC address of the devices I want to control. But the router software does not display MAC...
  4. 5 years after, the same issue with DisplayPort is there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5 years after, the same issue with DisplayPort is there: I was reading this topic: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-monitor-auto-detection-issue-again/bf07ddd9-aa81-4b70-99f2-924b399cfc74?auth=1 To my surprise, that almost 5 years after the same issue it's there. The solutions...
  5. returning to windows after 5+ years

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    returning to windows after 5+ years: my last pc was a samsung laptop. bought it in 2009, was using it until 2017 or 2018, when its hard drive broke. i couldve replaced the hard drive, but i didnt bother because other than gaming, i could do everything i needed to on my phone. that laptop had windows 8...
  6. Can't find favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't find favorites.: Hi, I am running Windows 10, version 2004, on a Dell desktop. I am not able to find my favorites. If I for example find a topic on say You Tube, and add it to favorites, and later decide to look at the topic, when I click the favorites button, only my "Favorite bar" comes...
  7. Can't find favorites.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find favorites.: Hi, I am running Windows 10, version 2004, on a Dell desktop. I am not able to find my favorites. If I for example find a topic on say You Tube, and add it to favorites, and later decide to look at the topic, when I click the favorites button, only my "Favorite bar" comes...
  8. sAFARI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sAFARI: The program Safari cannot open page because too many redirects occurred. Jeannette White *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Not happening before the new Micro Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safari/f1bc056c-7b63-452f-b843-2fe889b3b459
  9. Newbie after 5 years on Mac, How to find Safari favorites to transfer

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie after 5 years on Mac, How to find Safari favorites to transfer: I will be picking up Surface For Latop 2 tomorrow from Staples. I think I transferred all my mac files to a 500gb external HD. I have opened all the folders on the ext hd and can't find my bookmarks/favorites. Apple community is useless, their finder app is useless. will...
  10. Newbie with specific audio transfer question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newbie with specific audio transfer question: Hello, I am new to computing and have just bought a cheapish HP laptop which I use mainly for writing. However I would also like to use the music software. Put simply, when I load a CD into the drive, how do I transfer(upload?) this to the Groove music application?...