Windows 10: Newbie buying Dell desktop some basic questions

Discus and support Newbie buying Dell desktop some basic questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am an 88 year old Win 7 Pro desktop user. Now purchasing a Dell Model i3670-5575BLK-PUS (9th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-9400 Processor 2.9GHz). Questions:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fdm2000, Jan 3, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

Newbie buying Dell desktop some basic questions

I am an 88 year old Win 7 Pro desktop user. Now purchasing a Dell Model i3670-5575BLK-PUS (9th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-9400 Processor 2.9GHz). Questions:

1.Wondering if there is a newbie instruction guide for those of us moving from a Win7 pc to Win 10 Home pc. If so can someone direct me to its location or assist me? Trying to make the transformation as trouble free and smooth as possible.
    2. Not sure if the pc comes with the latest security updates and if not is there any caveats or precautions I should be aware of. I have seen comments about issues with one of the recent updates- Windows 10 version 1903.

Will be climbing a steep learning curve with an old body and mind and will appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks Frank

:)

fdm2000, Jan 3, 2020
  2. popsean Win User

Newbie, looking for new graphics card.

I am currently having problems with my 4870s noise.
    In my honest opinion, its just too damn loud.

Getting to the point, i am looking for a new video card that is
    • Quiet/silent
    • Decent power
    • around 120 dollars or less.
    • Dual dvi outputs for 2 monitors
    • Easy/Low maintenance
    • Not a puzzle to install
    Im going to buy a new video card very soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

popsean, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Toothless Win User
    Newbie to Linux!

So the last time I touched Linux was years ago, and I wrecked my old desktop in doing so.

SO! I'd like to get back into to but I have no clue which version is easy for newbies to use. The only things I'm really needing is

Able to run .exe files.

Easy to use!

Any suggestions?

Toothless, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Stephanie Win User

Stephanie, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Newbie buying Dell desktop some basic questions - Similar Threads - Newbie buying Dell

2. some newbie problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some newbie problems: Hello everyone...I am having a "the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available "error while uninstalling some software from my pc. Please help ....
  3. some newbie problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some newbie problems: Hello everyone...I am having a "the feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available "error while uninstalling some software from my pc. Please help ....
  4. newbie question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    newbie question: If I set up a Windows 10 VM on a Windows 10 Pro system and install Windows 7 Pro on the VM (need to run legacy programs like CorelDraw X4, WordPerfect X4, etc.) , and then network that system to another Windows 10 Pro system, will I have problems with any of the following:...
  5. Newbie question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Newbie question: Actually I am not entirely new to backups but I have always had this mind block about backing up I have several back up programs--GFI and AOMEI. And a I had a backup scheme set up under Win 7. But having upgraded to Win 10 I need to revise and perhaps create a whole new...
  6. Sandboxing Newbies Questions

Sandboxing Newbies Questions: Hi I have been searching the web trying to learn what I can about sandboxing. However, I am finding it all a bit confusing since there does not appear to be anyone who has put up any guidnce for beginners in sandboxing. Yes, I've learnt what sandboxing is and what it...
  7. A newbie question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A newbie question: I am no gamer. The only video game console I have is Play Station 2. Enough said. I have an Irulu 9" 16GB Android 4.4 tablet and a Surface RT tablet. Irulu has a micro USB port while Surface RT has a 2.0 USB port. I am wondering if there is a game control ( like the one...
  8. Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping"

Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping": I don't have photoshop, only MS Paint on my Windows 10 computer. I never photoshopped anything and have absolutely no experience in these type of things. I simply want to take two separate pictures of two of my dogs, and put one dog's head on the other dog's body. I want...
  9. A newbie question on Windows To Go

in Windows 10 Support
    A newbie question on Windows To Go: I know WinToGo is applicable only to Enterprise version................ officially. My question is : If I have win 10 installed to a certified USB ( yes, I know I can use a non-certified one with limitations), I can take it to any Windows computer, plug it in, and...
  10. Some basic questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Some basic questions: At the moment I am using Win 7 (Dell OEM) and still considering Win 10. However, there are a few basic questions that I would be grateful for answers to. 1) I have Windows updates set to 'ask before downloading'. The impression I get from the media and internet is that MS...