Windows 10: newbie to Family account use

Discus and support newbie to Family account use in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I just found this Family Account component of Windows 10. I'm a long time windows user, but things have changed as windows has become more... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SteveDB1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. SteveDB1 Win User

newbie to Family account use

Hi.

I just found this Family Account component of Windows 10.

I'm a long time windows user, but things have changed as windows has become more sophisticated.

Apparently my family member has need of accessing Acrobat Reader, and supposedly is unable to access pdf files.

The problem I'm having in the "Your Family" tab is that I don't see anything which would restrict, or open access to particular programs within windows.

:)

SteveDB1, Apr 8, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 8, 2020
  4. newbie to Family account use

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

newbie to Family account use

1. newbie to Family account use - Similar Threads - newbie Family account

2. family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family account: I was set up a child account for my son, 10 years old.since about 1 month ago, when he stars the computer, load in to the windows, always open a windows as below.after click "login", thenthen login my account:ok, about 1 minutes later, windows tell me "there is a problem,...
  3. Newbie

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie: Hi Guys and Girls my name is Kerrigan ( for short) I have never posted here yet but I do drop in from time to time. I run a windows 10 machine with reasonably high specs. I live in a beautiful part of Western Australia called Mandurah which is about an hours drive from our...
  4. Problem with using OneDrive - help Newbie please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with using OneDrive - help Newbie please!: I am trying to transfer My Docs files from my old laptop to a new Tablet - both are latest version of Windows 10. My problem is: I can see in my vault on my laptop all my files going back for ages but when I go into One Drive on my new Tablet and open the vault all I see are...
  5. newbie question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    newbie question: If I set up a Windows 10 VM on a Windows 10 Pro system and install Windows 7 Pro on the VM (need to run legacy programs like CorelDraw X4, WordPerfect X4, etc.) , and then network that system to another Windows 10 Pro system, will I have problems with any of the following:...
  6. Newbie question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Newbie question: Actually I am not entirely new to backups but I have always had this mind block about backing up I have several back up programs--GFI and AOMEI. And a I had a backup scheme set up under Win 7. But having upgraded to Win 10 I need to revise and perhaps create a whole new...
  7. OneDrive (newbie)

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive (newbie): I have two PCs, PC1 is the archive or root memory, and has the OneDrive application activated for cloud access. I sit at PC2 and wish to access PC1 files. Do I log on to PC2 with same user account associated with PC1? Then will all PC1 files (cloud copy) would be available...
  8. newbie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    newbie: I have a laptop with genuine Windows default his laptop then I bring my laptop to the computer worker after the Windows OS check is changed to not original, how do I restore the windows to the original version? Because recovery is deleted thank you...
  9. A newbie question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A newbie question: I am no gamer. The only video game console I have is Play Station 2. Enough said. I have an Irulu 9" 16GB Android 4.4 tablet and a Surface RT tablet. Irulu has a micro USB port while Surface RT has a 2.0 USB port. I am wondering if there is a game control ( like the one...
  10. Newbie Qestion

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie Qestion: I was wondering if you could defrag an SSD Drive [img] 90795