Windows 10: Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru)

Discus and support Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am an IT admin at my company but I have never used PowerShell and I have no clue where to begin. I’m hoping someone smart out there could help me,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike Roehr, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru)

I am an IT admin at my company but I have never used PowerShell and I have no clue where to begin. I’m hoping someone smart out there could help me, maybe even do a remote session to show me the ropes some weekend. I need to run some reports.

1) Need a report showing all domain users whose AD password is set to Never Expire

2) Need to run a report of all users with banned or unacceptable passwords (specific words I have in mind)
    3) Lastly I need to run a list of all machines and last logged on users for Windows 7 machines

Please if anyone has time to walk me through step by step how to accomplish this I would be so grateful.

Thanks,
    Mike

:)

Mike Roehr, Feb 1, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Feb 1, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Stepping

Is stepping 2 revision JH-F2 a good stepping for a socket AM2 5200+?

4. Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru)

x800 GTO 16 pipe unlock step by step

Ok, there is a gigantic thread going on with this that has been extremely helpful. However, you have to search the entire thread to actually figure out what to do. So, I'm going to list step by step instructions right here for anyone who needs them.

Step 1: Download the attachment
    Step 2: Follow the instructions about checking your fuses
    Step 3: Dump your bios with ATItool (Settings -> Miscellaneous -> dump bios)
    Step 4: Open your current BIOS with RaBit 1.7 or later and go to "Logging" section scroll down and search for:
    Desc: RADEON X800 GTO
    Info: 11X-CC6600SA-004, CC6600SA.004, 01/20/05,14:19:32
    Step 5: If all checks out, simply burn the iso, boot from it, and flash!

Ultra special thanks to dolf for coming up with all this stuff and thanks to everyone else in the forum. This should simplify the process a bit!

x800professor, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru)

1. Newbie to PowerShell (need step by step assistance from a guru) - Similar Threads - Newbie PowerShell need

2. Uninstall of Mc Affee step by step

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall of Mc Affee step by step: I have just bought a brand new computer today and started configuration. It came with preinstalled McAffee and I will use Windows Defender as I have used it for my other computers. So uninstalling McAffee must be simple, right? Wrong. Those folders are more stubborn than some...
  3. Need step by step help with BSOD several types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need step by step help with BSOD several types: Hi CommunityI experience BSOD way too often and has tried all the advice I could find online - but it keeps happening. From memory is has been Unexpected_Store_Exception, System service exception, critical process died.I tried to analyse the dump files - but cannot always...
  4. Need step by step help with BSOD several types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need step by step help with BSOD several types: Hi CommunityI experience BSOD way too often and has tried all the advice I could find online - but it keeps happening. From memory is has been Unexpected_Store_Exception, System service exception, critical process died.I tried to analyse the dump files - but cannot always...
  5. Windows 10 Installation Step by Step

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation Step by Step: This DiscussionBog can Provide you all detailed info about Windows 10 Installation Step by Step at one Place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-installation-step-by-step/fbc07d5c-13f9-435f-bda7-abb325aa3b3d
  6. run batch file step by step

in Windows 10 Customization
    run batch file step by step: Hi to all I need your help and support, I'm a Test Engineer and I dedicate and maintain to develop and improve batch files, and I need to know if somebody knows, how to run a batch file step by step in windows 10 or windows server?. Previously in ms-dos i use the next line...
  7. Steps recorder is missing steps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Steps recorder is missing steps: Hi I'm trying to use Steps Recorder to record steps so that I can turn them into test cases. However, It only records one step and misses all the others. I have tried changing the default save location but this has no effect. FTR I'm evaluating Desktop Step Recorders so...
  8. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...: I had a small problem and thought it would be a simple fix. I went to scan for corrupted drivers, forgot to uncheck Microsoft drivers, and ended up uninstalling everything. Now, I know everything’s kind of weird. it gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, with the Omen logo and...
  9. Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need Help in BitLocker deployment Step by Step: Dear All, We are planning to deploy to deploy Windows 10 BitLocker in our organization. Could you please anyone help me with step by step deployment from the scratch. What are the requirement? How to setup BitLocker management server? What are the per-cautions and best...
  10. The CLOUD Act is an important step forward, but more steps needed

in Windows 10 News
    The CLOUD Act is an important step forward, but more steps needed: On Feb. 27, we went to the U.S Supreme Court to argue a case that has become known as the “Microsoft warrant case.” As we arrived at court that morning, we thought it was important to repeat a point we’ve been making since we first filed our legal challenge more than four...