Windows 10: Newbie with specific audio transfer question

Discus and support Newbie with specific audio transfer question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am new to computing and have just bought a cheapish HP laptop which I use mainly for writing. However I would also like to use the music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by olderNewbie10, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Newbie with specific audio transfer question

Hello,
    I am new to computing and have just bought a cheapish HP laptop which I use mainly for writing. However I would also like to use the music software.

Put simply, when I load a CD into the drive, how do I transfer(upload?) this to the Groove music application? Similarly, audio on a USB key or SD card- how is this transferred? Could someone offer a simple menu- route-to use-etc...?

I hate going through all the website menus of instructions etc. (and my eyes are stressed enough just with my writing on OpenOffice which I successfully downloaded). Is there a more user-friendly and intuitive music software I could download for free? Any help on these points (which will totally satisfy my computer curiosity) greatly appreciated
    Thank you
    James

:)

olderNewbie10, Sep 24, 2016

2. Newbie Questions

How do I put my Windows 10 into sleep mode.

CarolynHowardJohnson, Sep 24, 2016
  3. mjnashmd Win User
    newbie questions

recently bought a SIM free E72-1 in Israel from an independent dealer. (not cell company)

Software version 022.007 Software version date 10 Dec 09

Custom version 022.007.C00.01 Custom version date 10 Dec 09

Language Set 24.01

Model E72-1

RM-530

Product Code 0586218 (which i see from checking product lists is 0586218: EMERGING ASIA QW BLACK)

the phone has eng and heb software

my questions:

1 - are there any SW updates available to this model

2 - what does the qw in the phone product description mean

3 - does anyone have a list of the language codes

4 - the phone has eng and heb software and keyboard, the letter mapping of the keyboard both eng and heb is correct. the punctuation (hypen, pound sign, colon, period etc) is NOT correct. does anyone know where to get an alternate keyboard that is correctly
    mapped?

(I presume this is a phone imported by the independent dealer who then burned eng heb software on it as it is different from the product codes I see are sold by the cell companies in Israel)

mjnashmd, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Newbie with specific audio transfer question

What you call "transfer(upload?)" is normally called 'ripping' a CD. As far as I know, Groove can't rip CDs. The older Windows Media Player can, and is still included in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...edia-player-12

Just run Windows Media Player (it's in the All Apps list under 'W', or type 'media player' in the search box next to Start), put your CD in, then click the 'Rip CD' button. The album will be ripped to your Music folder, where Groove will be able to find it.

Newbie with specific audio transfer question [​IMG]

After ripping (or better still, before ripping) if Media Player doesn't show the album info and names, right-click on 'Unknown Album' and click 'Find album info'.

Newbie with specific audio transfer question [​IMG]

For audio on a USB, just copy the music files to your Music folder, Groove will be able to find them too.

5. Thanks for this. v helpful.

olderNewbie10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Newbie with specific audio transfer question

1. Newbie with specific audio transfer question - Similar Threads - Newbie specific audio

2. Question for an OS newbie regarding windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question for an OS newbie regarding windows 10: I might need to swap out a hard drive that could possibly be failing. I've noticed a very faint ringing noise that can sometimes be heard when my laptops idle. It may just be something I never noticed but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I recently upgraded to 10 only a few...
  3. newbie question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    newbie question: If I set up a Windows 10 VM on a Windows 10 Pro system and install Windows 7 Pro on the VM (need to run legacy programs like CorelDraw X4, WordPerfect X4, etc.) , and then network that system to another Windows 10 Pro system, will I have problems with any of the following:...
  4. newbie questions from non-newbie about update to 1909 and unattended

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    newbie questions from non-newbie about update to 1909 and unattended: So I'm not exactly a newbie, but recently I have been very, very pressed for time,*Shock so I can't do my usual "try it and see what works." But I know that the longer I put off all these updates, the more problems I will have, and I want to get these updates done and behind...
  5. Newbie question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Newbie question: Actually I am not entirely new to backups but I have always had this mind block about backing up I have several back up programs--GFI and AOMEI. And a I had a backup scheme set up under Win 7. But having upgraded to Win 10 I need to revise and perhaps create a whole new...
  6. Sandboxing Newbies Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandboxing Newbies Questions: Hi I have been searching the web trying to learn what I can about sandboxing. However, I am finding it all a bit confusing since there does not appear to be anyone who has put up any guidnce for beginners in sandboxing. Yes, I've learnt what sandboxing is and what it...
  7. A newbie question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A newbie question: I am no gamer. The only video game console I have is Play Station 2. Enough said. I have an Irulu 9" 16GB Android 4.4 tablet and a Surface RT tablet. Irulu has a micro USB port while Surface RT has a 2.0 USB port. I am wondering if there is a game control ( like the one...
  8. Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping": I don't have photoshop, only MS Paint on my Windows 10 computer. I never photoshopped anything and have absolutely no experience in these type of things. I simply want to take two separate pictures of two of my dogs, and put one dog's head on the other dog's body. I want...
  9. A newbie question on Windows To Go

in Windows 10 Support
    A newbie question on Windows To Go: I know WinToGo is applicable only to Enterprise version................ officially. My question is : If I have win 10 installed to a certified USB ( yes, I know I can use a non-certified one with limitations), I can take it to any Windows computer, plug it in, and...
  10. Newbie question - Lumia Windows 10 mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie question - Lumia Windows 10 mobile: Maybe I`m not in the right place/forum, but I`m sure someone can help me. I`m a new user of W10phone (Lumia 650). It`s my first Windows phone, and for now it`s not bad for me. I have only two questions. - How can I play radio streams from file (folder on SD card)? - How...