Windows 10: Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop?

Discus and support Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd like to set a remote access to my girlfriend's laptop from my pc/laptop. She currently works from home, whereas I as GP need to go out to get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pagulhan, May 14, 2020.

1. Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop?

I'd like to set a remote access to my girlfriend's laptop from my pc/laptop. She currently works from home, whereas I as GP need to go out to get to work (we also prepare to move to each other, but currently llive separately). Sometimes she has some technical issues and although I often manage to fix them by cell phone, it'd be much easier to simply see what's wrong with her computer. I use win10 home, and so does she. Can you please help? I find myself quite good in computer-related stuff, but this is totally new for me.

submitted by /u/pagulhan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pagulhan, May 14, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, May 14, 2020
  3. bachware Win User
    Can't access remote laptop desktop

I have a big tower computer with an ASUS mobo, and an ASUS U50f laptop, both machines running Win 10 Creators Pro, and successfully private-networked together wirelessly via a Linksys E1200 modem. I can run remote desktop on the laptop to access & use the tower, but not access the laptop via remote desktop from the tower, even though its Explorer shows the files & folders on the laptop, so networking is going between them. I think I have all the remote desktop settings right on both machines. There seems to be something obscure mis-set on the laptop that's blocking remote desktop from the tower. I see the right rules and turn-ons for address 3386 in the laptop's firewall. Suggestions? Thanks!

bachware, May 14, 2020
  4. Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop?

how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop? 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop? 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop? 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop? 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop?

1. Newbiew: how to create a remote access to laptop? - Similar Threads - Newbiew create remote

2. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  3. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  4. Laptop and remote access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and remote access: HiI was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the internet...
  5. Laptop and remote access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and remote access: HiI was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the internet...
  6. Remote Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access: I have two PCs, one is a Laptop with Windows 10 Pro and a Desktop with Windows 10 Home. My network identifies both, one as "WIN10-PRO" and the other as "WIN10-HOME". I have no problem remotely accessing "WIN10-PRO" files from "WIN10-HOME"; however, I cannot remotely access...
  7. remote access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote access: can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/eead4cae-a3f1-4ec7-9587-21304e9ae60a
  8. Remote access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...
  9. New laptop remote access issues

New laptop remote access issues: Hi My friend has just bought a new Acer laptop and I'm trying to connect to it using Team Viewer so I can set it up for her The problem is that her computer is not letting team viewer or any other program initiate a remote connection. When team viewer is started the...
  10. Can't access remote laptop desktop

Can't access remote laptop desktop: I have a big tower computer with an ASUS mobo, and an ASUS U50f laptop, both machines running Win 10 Creators Pro, and successfully private-networked together wirelessly via a Linksys E1200 modem. I can run remote desktop on the laptop to access & use the tower, but not...