Windows 10: newcomers just like me, a little word of advise for all my fellow newcomers.

Discus and support newcomers just like me, a little word of advise for all my fellow newcomers. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so let me start by saying I did not go to school for computers in fact I'm a nurse and going on to be a doctor. I had to learn real quick that you need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by christophero'keefe, Dec 10, 2019.

1. newcomers just like me, a little word of advise for all my fellow newcomers.

so let me start by saying I did not go to school for computers in fact I'm a nurse and going on to be a doctor. I had to learn real quick that you need to make a personal account as wells as a business account keep them separate, because Microsoft word is very protective of their materials and will give you codes and encryptions you cant read and cant look up unless your signed in Microsoft so don't use your main email you use to talk to friend or do other business make one for just Microsoft and I'm not sure if they tell you this in the begging but you'll find out at the end lol. I am not mad just giving advise and I would be protective of my information as well. fyi I need to get a message to the CEO yeah I said it CEO so please reach out or help thanks. its about opportunities for me and the company thanks. To busy to correct my English or punctuation so please don't judge lol.

* Moved from Edge

:)

christophero'keefe, Dec 10, 2019
  2. ayrmond Win User

Windows Mobile newcomer question (Wm2003, Wm5 & wm6?)

as a .newcomer in 2012 are you having a laugh as to to what is said onnov 26 /07 it.is now 2012 catch up and help. or have you.got the cash **** you

ayrmond, Dec 10, 2019
  3. LDJ
    LDJ Win User
    Windows Mobile newcomer question (Wm2003, Wm5 & wm6?)

Just a quickie. As a newcomer to the Windows Mobile platform, im a bit confused between PPC, WM2003, WM5 and WM6 - Can my Windows Mobile 6 device run Windows Mobile 5, 2003 and PocketPC apps?

Is PocketPC another name for Windows Mobile, or something completely different?

Thanks

4. newcomers just like me, a little word of advise for all my fellow newcomers.

Newcomer Learning Experience - how to use "Microsoft Community Answers"

Hi,

If there is an introduction (document or trusted video) for newcomers somewhere please would readers put a reference into this thread.

Over the last three days I have learnt from scratch how to use this system (to pose questions, and also to seek out previous solutions ) . It is not easy for a newcomer to learn how to use it. Now I am more familiar with it, I am very impressed with the
    accuracy and speed of response to my questions and also the vast amount of information in previous answers.

I want to say that I believe the hours I have spent learning how to use it should be recouped by getting quick and accurate answers in future.

The FAQ's are helpful.

I have found out eventually that I don't need Nadder to use it. That took a while.

Using the Snipping Tool is not hard but it is another requirement to use the system effectively, just another part of the learning curve that would deserve a mention in an introduction. There are videos on U-tube but these are not always a reliable source
    and they lie outside Microsoft's control. One must create a screen shot and file it; then go to the post and press the add Icon and import/upload it...(The would be better if it said "Upload to Post" at this point - this would confirm that ones file was
    going to ones post rather than anywhere else. Its obvious now but not obvious when learning the system, the stumbling block is you have to use the system from both ends to add an attachment. Why cannot copy and paste be used for an image?

What is the correct name of the system ....I am using "Microsoft Community Answers".....?

Character limits are presently only discovered by exceeding them. This is too late, a warning or max size could be given.

The disappearing Edit facility (behind the three dots) should be better explained in the FAQ's - one third of the way through. At present these two FAQ's direct a user to go in search of an Edit button when it will not exist for locked, or for replied
    to posts -( but not it would seem if the author is the only one who has replied ...e.g. replied to ones own post in order to continue a thread?). Searching for the elusive Edit facility wasted at least another hour.

My observation is that the Edit facility is also invisible until the user is logged in. Again fairly obvious why with hindsight, but while using the system for some time it is not obvious whether one is loggged in or not, so its again very easy for a newcomer
    to go looking for the Edit facility when it will not be present.

There are plenty of comments within the system about the difficulty of learning and using it and I totally understand the reason why.

Could the system be given to a small number of testers, people who would learn it from scratch, and notes/improvements made to the stumbling blocks they encounter?

Essentially its a very good system in principle but needlessly hard to learn. Could an "Introduction for Newcomers" help make it better? If one already exists should it be made much easier to find?

I hope my discussion points are helpful,

Thank you

John

John McLellan 246, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

newcomers just like me, a little word of advise for all my fellow newcomers.

1. newcomers just like me, a little word of advise for all my fellow newcomers. - Similar Threads - newcomers little word

2. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It was not like that in Word????: The cursor moves slowly when I hold the spacebar or left arrow button in Word? I might add this is in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-was-not-like-that-in-word/5bfdf948-6509-4d90-ba50-4f9d0447b46b
  3. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It was not like that in Word????: The cursor moves slowly when I hold the spacebar or left arrow button in Word? I might add this is in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-was-not-like-that-in-word/5bfdf948-6509-4d90-ba50-4f9d0447b46b
  4. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lost all my work in word help me recover

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my work in word help me recover: I started working on a word document on the 9th and today the 15th is when i had 8 pages of work that i found gone after opening it a few hours later. If i open the revision history it shows me the day i created it....
  6. A Word of Advisement/Warning/Caution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Word of Advisement/Warning/Caution: Pay absolutely no attention to anything unless & until it is directly from MicrosoftNo articles, no YouTubes, no hearsay, editorials or options. No guesses, speculation or theories. Take no heed or stock in anything except from Microsoft itself Absolutely & completely ignore...
  7. independent adviser we all are

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    independent adviser we all are: hi windows fam why name your self independent adviser we all are one , we all use microsoft products we all are tech smart in someway thanks : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/independent-adviser-we-all-are/0b252305-6f27-4059-8d08-12f955c1a671
  8. Hi all. Can anyone advise me as to why my homepage opens minimized.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi all. Can anyone advise me as to why my homepage opens minimized.: I have discovered a annoying problem after installing the new edge browser in w/dows10. When after viewing web sites i return to home page it opens minimized every time. Is there a solution to this as i`m fed up of maximising the page. Has anyone a solution? I have tried...
  9. Please Advise Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Advise Me: Hi, Please advise me , i received Message About activate Win.10, I Have the same p.c. serial No. Same Microsoft Account . So ,what is the problem? Thank you for your reply...
  10. Helping out a fellow gamer.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Helping out a fellow gamer.: I was just wondering if anyone have brought a new geforce 1070 gpu with the fortnite Nvidia Counterattack Bundle and NOT going to use the code? so, the question is would you pm me the code so i could use it. This would real help me out. thanks 131477