Windows 10: newest update external hard drive problem

Discus and support newest update external hard drive problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; with the newest update that came out just yesterday. 9/14/2019. my external usb hardrive no longer reads. i have tried all of my usb ports. it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by talonlawrey, Sep 15, 2019.

1. newest update external hard drive problem

with the newest update that came out just yesterday. 9/14/2019. my external usb hardrive no longer reads. i have tried all of my usb ports. it only work under one instance. if i connect it to a usb hub that is connected tot he computer on a usb extension. which makes no sense to me. i have tried uninstalling through device manager. did nothing. if i plug it into a port where it doesn't read. i cant even find it in disk manager. or in my bios. i have tried uninstalling the updates. did nothing. the drive is basically unusable when i connect it through the usb hub. the connection is very touchy and barely loads the games i have on it. and whenever i try to do anything with it. it either crashes any program that interacts with it. or it crashes windows. the last 3 updates have cause problems like this but this one has brought me to my wits end. i cannot find a solution. please help. any information you guys need im more than willing to give.

:)

talonlawrey, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - FR

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Sep 15, 2019
  4. twynog Win User

newest update external hard drive problem

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

newest update external hard drive problem

1. newest update external hard drive problem - Similar Threads - newest update external

2. External Hard Drive Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Problems: External Hard connects to pc sound when connecting but is not shown in My PC on explorer - how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-problems/2c02eed4-8548-4518-b309-27e1c253e5d6
  3. External Hard Drive Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Problems: External Hard connects to pc sound when connecting but is not shown in My PC on explorer - how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-problems/2c02eed4-8548-4518-b309-27e1c253e5d6
  4. External Hard Drive Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive problem: I had been using my hard drive for a year and a half and today my laptop suddenly stopped detecting it even when it appears on the Devices under Settings. I tried every trick that's usually given like checking if the drivers were up-to-date if the USB cable was the problem,...
  6. External hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive problem: I had been using my hard drive for a year and a half and today my laptop suddenly stopped detecting it even when it appears on the Devices under Settings. I tried every trick that's usually given like checking if the drivers were up-to-date if the USB cable was the problem,...
  7. External hard drive problem

8. External hard drive problem

External hard drive problem: I have 2TB seaget hard disk (HD) . As soon as I attach my hard disk to surface go it shows 100% performance in task manager with 0 reading and writing speed. No antivirus is working as I start scanning it, it stays at 0% for long time until it detaches itself. Even the...
  9. External hard drive problem

External hard drive problem: My Lenovo laptop has Windows 10. I was using a Sony 1 TB external hard drive to store files. Couldn't transfer any more files after it was half full, showing error 0x8007045D. So I saved all my external hard disc files and formatted it. Maybe I made a mistake when I...
  10. External hard drive problem

External hard drive problem: I got an USB cable to hook up an internal hard drive to my laptop. It will not see the drive. I am trying to use it so I can retrieve the data and also use it to put my one drive stuff on it. What can I do to troubleshoot this problem? 85400