Windows 10: Newest update removed program preference files

Discus and support Newest update removed program preference files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure the best way to explain this, as I’m not a very techy person, but windows updated for me over the weekend and in so doing it reset all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Katy-L-Wood, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Newest update removed program preference files

Not sure the best way to explain this, as I’m not a very techy person, but windows updated for me over the weekend and in so doing it reset all my Photoshop CC preferences, including a lot of brushes that I can no longer find the backups of. Adobe help says windows customer service are the only ones who can fix it, however they’re proving extremely unhelpful. They just keep recommending restoring the computer to an earlier version, but I did that and it didn’t fix my photoshop preferences.

So, is there any way to get my Photoshop back into the state it was in 24 hours ago, before the windows update fucked it up?

submitted by /u/Katy-L-Wood
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Katy-L-Wood, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 24, 2020
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Aug 24, 2020
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

Newest update removed program preference files

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

Thema:

Newest update removed program preference files

1. Newest update removed program preference files - Similar Threads - Newest update removed

2. programs to remove programs/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs to remove programs/files: how can I open programs to delete or completely stop the program, program files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-to-remove-programsfiles/8f23a565-5e9d-471c-962b-78949271861b
  3. programs to remove programs/files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs to remove programs/files: how can I open programs to delete or completely stop the program, program files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-to-remove-programsfiles/8f23a565-5e9d-471c-962b-78949271861b
  4. Newest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest update: My husband did his updates today and when requested restarted. The friggin thing deleted EVERYTHING on his computer WHAT THE LITERAL HELL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-update/606b5cca-4a12-46bd-b3b8-769f279de559
  5. Newest Update has removed antivirus please help..?

Newest Update has removed antivirus please help..?: The newest update has removed my kaspersky internet security and each time i download and reinstall it the pc restarts to finish setup and the app is not installed. in the bottom right icons when i press the arrow i have no tile showing windows security and in settings the...
  6. Newest Update

Newest Update: I have a Gateway desktop computer, 64 bit operating system. It currently has Windows 10 Home, v 1803, and I have been trying to update to the newest version. I have tried multiple times. It will start updating but then it freezes; I'll do a hard shut off, and then when I...
  7. 32 bit program not working with newest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32 bit program not working with newest windows 10 update: Hello, I'm Ken, retired railroader, professional artist living in central PA. My graphics program stopped working when I got my latest win 10 update. It is 32 bit and I have used it for years. I tried a windows restore and the program would not re install. 139955
  8. Newest update?

Newest update?: I tried updating windows and it updated the first part but it failed to update the rest so how do I update it fully bc it failed to update the most current windows 10 update? 138158
  9. Newest update

Newest update: My win 10 ver, is 1809 and I get a Event ID 20. Says can't install because of a driver. It does not tell me what driver and I can not find it in any log of the error. Can someone plese help me with this? Thanks...
  10. The newest feature update removed files

The newest feature update removed files: I installed Feature Update Windows 10 Version 1809 last evening, 10/2. When I restarted my computer this morning, 10/3, I discovered that all the folders and files in my user document folder had been deleted. Luckily I have multiple backup programs so I restored the latest...