Windows 10: Newest update screwed my PC, what do I do?

Discus and support Newest update screwed my PC, what do I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just updated my Windows 10, not sure to what version as I just presses install without looking. Now my settings, search bar, and I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Damo108, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Newest update screwed my PC, what do I do?

Hey guys, I just updated my Windows 10, not sure to what version as I just presses install without looking. Now my settings, search bar, and I don't know what else, doesn't work, I can't check the version of windows, i can't get into the recovery settings. The mouse wheel is constantly spinning off and on. CPU usage is 20% when it should be 0-1%. What do I do?

submitted by /u/Damo108
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Damo108, Nov 8, 2020

2. newest Windows update has screwed up my desktop pc entirely!I

this newest Windows update has screwed up my desktop pc entirely!Is there a way to revert back, and remove this forced and ridiculous UPDATE?? I'm old...but not stupid! I want my old START menu BACK. Please help me!!

patfrost207, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update screwed my video

Hi Sheron,

This issue might occur because the driver installed is incompatible with the latest update installed on your PC. In order for us to better sort things out, we would like to verify if you're using the latest driver of your graphics card manufacturer.

If not, we suggest updating the driver to resolve the issue. Please perform the following steps:

• Select the Start
       button, typeDevice Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapterscategory, right click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

NOTE: If the following steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver. Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device
    • Select Uninstall
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Jericho Lap, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Newest update screwed my PC, what do I do?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Newest update screwed my PC, what do I do?

1. Newest update screwed my PC, what do I do? - Similar Threads - Newest update screwed

2. Keyboard seems to be screwed and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard seems to be screwed and I don't know what to do: I'm on Windows 10 Home.I've been having problems with my keyboard since late last year. Here are some of themsome keys input two letters/characters. e.g pressing Shift + P inputs P, Shift + O inputs O> , Shift + I inputs <I and so ontying in all caps even when the caps lock...
  3. Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?: Greetings,Recently I had been having problems with my audio, ultimately deciding they had been caused by my outdated Realtek audio driver. I decided to update it. I followed the guide, downloaded the drivers from the intel website I have an intel processor, I let the...
  4. Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?: Greetings,Recently I had been having problems with my audio, ultimately deciding they had been caused by my outdated Realtek audio driver. I decided to update it. I followed the guide, downloaded the drivers from the intel website I have an intel processor, I let the...
  5. Screwed up my Realtek driver upon installation. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. windows 11 cumulative update screws up my pc and I have no idea what to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 cumulative update screws up my pc and I have no idea what to do.: Hello,As a preface, my computer in question is a OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC IDS Base Models ArticunoI.Ever since updating with the windows 11 cumulative update for june, it has completely messed with my system. The monitor doesn't boot up with either HDMI or...
  7. windows 11 cumulative update screws up my pc and I have no idea what to do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 cumulative update screws up my pc and I have no idea what to do.: Hello,As a preface, my computer in question is a OMEN by HP 45L Gaming Desktop PC IDS Base Models ArticunoI.Ever since updating with the windows 11 cumulative update for june, it has completely messed with my system. The monitor doesn't boot up with either HDMI or...
  8. What do I do with this PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What do I do with this PC?: I got a used pc from a family member and I don’t know the password to it any suggestions? I tried to reset the computer and it asked me for the recovery key which I don’t have. submitted by /u/NatosOfTheAkatsuki [link] [comments]...
  9. Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?

Everything is screwed beyond recognition, what do I do?: Basically my windows is slowly falling apart, small things stop working over time for example when I right click on a file to check its properties nothings opens. I didnt care but now I pretty much cant use my pc. sfc /scannow doesnt work anymore ("Windows Resource...
  10. After restarting for the newest updates. What should I do?

After restarting for the newest updates. What should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gientsosage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/edvyqx/after_restarting_for_the_newest_updates_what/