Windows 10: Newest updates - Washed out background in many apps

Discus and support Newest updates - Washed out background in many apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Microsoft Windows 10 latest updates have wreaked havoc with most of my other apps such that it's REALLY ANNOYING ME. I have a washed-out background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoniBarrowcliff, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Newest updates - Washed out background in many apps

The Microsoft Windows 10 latest updates have wreaked havoc with most of my other apps such that it's REALLY ANNOYING ME. I have a washed-out background on Google Maps PC app which makes that app virtually impossible to use. The colors are wacky. Kindle had washed-out/unreadable sections on the PC where a different font was used. Sound keeps cutting out, and I have to go into settings and troubleshoot. The PC sound troubleshoot fixes the problem but requires me to restart. This sound issue happens at least three times a month; probably more but I'm not always running Youtube. I had contacted Microsoft about my contrast not being able to adjust, and tech support had me load an earlier version. Contrast adjustments work now but not the other stuff.

Apple and Microsoft do not play well together. Okay, looks like most corporations aren't playing well together. News flash big corporations: Customers like a variety of platforms and apps. When you update, please make sure you don't break the other guy's stuff. You don't drive the customer to your product that way. Instead, you only irritate us. Right now, I'm ticked off at both Apple and Microsoft. With $3K between my PC and iPhone - both being around two years old - I should not have to constantly make adjustments and correct things simply because of updates!!!

And I don't care what corporation you are - listen up - customers hate it when "new and improved updates" simply move the buttons around or worse. Worse being throwing out all the familiar menu and buttons for all new shiny things. Improve by adding versatility and not by confusing the customer to where the customer has to spend tons of time learning new button-ology!!!

:)

JoniBarrowcliff, Oct 27, 2019

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Custom desktop background that updates daily

Hi,

We loved your suggestion to have a a background with a countdown for an specified date. We can consider this suggestion for future updates. To give you another option, we suggest to use Windows spotlight instead. Kindly follow the steps below to configure
    it:

• Open Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization
    • Click on Lockscreen tab at the left panel.
    • Under Background, select Windows spotlight.
    • Under Choose an app to show detailed status, select
      Calendar
      app icon.

Note: Please make sure that you are logged in to Calendar app where the appointments was set.

Let us know if you have further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Newest updates - Washed out background in many apps

Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Newest updates - Washed out background in many apps

1. Newest updates - Washed out background in many apps - Similar Threads - Newest updates Washed

2. Washed out monitor colors after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Washed out monitor colors after update: Hello!I still have a problem I created a question about, which is for some reason locked, without any response to it!I am using programs to draw images, and for that I have calibrated my second monitor connected to my laptop with a Spyder 5 pro. This monitor is a BenQ RL2455...
  3. Washed out cursors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out cursors: I just noticed after changing my cursor to a custom one that the color saturation on the cursor is weird, It looks slightly brighter/less saturated than it should beThe only ways i've found for it to display the colors properly is enabling cursor trail or dragging a windowI...
  4. Washed out colors after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Washed out colors after update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Severe_Alternative19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwjaxh/washed_out_colors_after_update/
  5. Washed out colours.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Washed out colours.: I have a brand new laptop 3 days old, windows 10 with office home and business, colours are very washed out, images are not sharp, anyone know how to fix the problem? Thankyou....
  6. Washed out colours

Washed out colours: Just found out that my screen's colours was washed. Tried a solution to change the output dynamic range from "limited" to "full" in the Nvidia control panel settings but it seems like I only have one subcategory shown on the right which is the 3D Settings. The "Display"...
  7. Washed out colors after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out colors after update.: Is there any logs where i can check what settings has been changed? Cause after i update my windows 10 to version 2004, the colors became washed out. I tried restoring to previous version but it didn't help. It was completely fine before i update my os and now it's messed up....
  8. Washed out HDR

Washed out HDR: Hi I'm curious and wonder how many of you have made HDR work properly? I've tried most things I can try and can't get HDR to work, switched PCs, 3 different monitors, different DP cables, formatted PCs and all tests resurfaced the same with washed colors. Windows 10 bad...
  9. Too many background apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many background apps: Split from this thread. Too many background apps[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-apps/a3d63ca6-881d-4c0c-9170-9169761face3
  10. washed out display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    washed out display: Hi I get greenish washed out colors on display after waking PC from sleep. I uninstalled and updated graphic driver. high contrast or color temperature is turned off. this happened before, also after waking from sleep, but was fixed after restart. now it doesn't work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Washed out background image on Windows 10