Windows 10: Newest Win10 update (10586 I think). Folder titlebar text issues.

Discus and support Newest Win10 update (10586 I think). Folder titlebar text issues. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have a partial aerolight/default win10 theme going on, and I am having a problem, while everything works, my selected folder titlebar font looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scyris, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Scyris Win User

Newest Win10 update (10586 I think). Folder titlebar text issues.

So I have a partial aerolight/default win10 theme going on, and I am having a problem, while everything works, my selected folder titlebar font looks like this, Nothing I do seems to change it. It all started because of win10 including the option to change titlebar color in its default options insted of needing winaero tweaker to do it. here is what the folder looks like when selected:
    Newest Win10 update (10586 I think). Folder titlebar text issues. [​IMG]

https://gyazo.com/eecd5cd2299c99727c5293fe24994e7a The grey bars to the right/left of the folder are from the image program I was using. So the problem is how do I change active title bar font only in like file folders? it works fine in programs its just an issue with explorer and opening folders. Ugh this is why I say "if it ain't broken don't try to fix it" There was nothing wrong with allowing us to freely choose out font colors in aero themes, so why did they decide to remove it for?

I've tried googling it but all I get is about changing titlebar color. Which doesn't help because the text issue is still there. I mean it has to be saved somewhere what the folder active titlebar font color is, the question is where.

:)

Scyris, Nov 13, 2015

2. Can I enable the Windows classic theme in Windows 10?

I agree.

Also I think that one of the worst things about the Win10 UI is probably how stupidly bulky everything is. The titlebar is ridiculous, why is the close button almost double the size of the mouse pointer?

JackHill3103, Nov 13, 2015
  3. PDQpat Win User
    Creators Update ruined my fonts

After the Creator's udpate, I notice that every window's Titlebar and Menu bar is now
    too tiny to read. In the Settings > System > Display > Scale/layout I had set 125% which used to take care of tiny text. I had also changed some advanced settings to use larger
    text - I can't find these settings any more. There's nothing helpful in "Personalization" settings. I shouldn't need a new "theme" just to be able to read the titlebar!

While I'm at it, I chose a nice medium green for my taskbar and the titlebar is the same colour. BUT the taskbar is WHITE text and the titlebar is BLACK text. So neither is a good contrast for readability. What a disaster!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PDQpat, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

Newest Win10 update (10586 I think). Folder titlebar text issues.

1. Newest Win10 update (10586 I think). Folder titlebar text issues. - Similar Threads - Newest Win10 update

2. broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS: I am using wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS on window 11.The text of the titlebar of all the terminals is broken. They are displayed in greek letters. For example, see the attached image, titlebar of the gnuplot window from the command: gnuplot>plot x It seems that some font setting is...
  3. broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS: I am using wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS on window 11.The text of the titlebar of all the terminals is broken. They are displayed in greek letters. For example, see the attached image, titlebar of the gnuplot window from the command: gnuplot>plot x It seems that some font setting is...
  4. Newest win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest win10 update: Did the new update screw up anyone's homepage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-win10-update/638e1814-18d8-45fd-b355-d52df35edd31
  5. Windows newest update Brightness issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows newest update Brightness issue: I just updated to the latest version of windows and upon getting into the home screen I immediately noticed the brightness had been automatically adjusted. I have spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to adjust it and I have found nothing. There is no slider in...
  6. Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?: After receiving the latest win 10 update 2 days ago I checked C:\Windows\servicing\LCU to see if there were any residual update files I would normally find to delete them to clear storage. But theres no LCU folder there. Did the newest update delete or move that folder? 167480
  7. Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there someway to change titlebar text color?: Is there a way to change titlebar text color? like for active and inactive title bars? I mean I really do not understand at all why they removed all these customization options in windows 10, that even windows 95, 98, xp, me, vista, 7 and I think 8 had. 14676
  8. Win10 10586 Kills Game Performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 10586 Kills Game Performance?: Hello, I run Win 10 Pro, and from today i got this big update. But strangely this update killed COMPLETLY the game performance of my pc. no matter how i set the graphics settings, every 5 seconds every game i have lags for about 1 second (unplayable!). I never had such...
  9. 10586 update issues - beware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10586 update issues - beware: I've been reading here and I see I'm not the only one to have issues, but I think I have one that may not have been mentioned - namely, after the update and all the regular problems like resetting default apps etc., I also realized the update went through my Fonts folder and...
  10. Boot issue after update 10586

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot issue after update 10586: update the windows and have this problem : The boot after restart on Windows 10 GA Build 10240: 1. BIOS 2. Windows Boot Logo 3. Blank Black Screen 4. Login Screen The boot after restart on Windows 10 GA Build 10586: 1. BIOS 2. Windows Boot Logo 3. Blank Black...