Windows 10: Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

Discus and support Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't turned off my PC in days because I can't tell it to not update. Everyone who is doing the newest set of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daemon Cook, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't turned off my PC in days because I can't tell it to not update. Everyone who is doing the newest set of updates is unable to get past the windows logo during the boot process and it has me extremely worried. Is there an ETA for a fix or is everyone just out of luck without a fresh PC wipe?

:)

Daemon Cook, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2022
  4. MrGenius Win User

Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

1. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs - Similar Threads - Newest Update Bricking

2. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs: Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't turned off my PC in days because I can't tell it to not update. Everyone who is doing the newest set of updates is unable to get past the windows logo during the boot process and it has me extremely worried. Is there an ETA for a...
  3. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs: Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't turned off my PC in days because I can't tell it to not update. Everyone who is doing the newest set of updates is unable to get past the windows logo during the boot process and it has me extremely worried. Is there an ETA for a...
  4. Newest Windows update has completely bricked my computer. Is there any hope for me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows update has completely bricked my computer. Is there any hope for me?: Hello, I am desperate for help. Microsoft "support" has told has no known solution. Thank youIssue:Since the latest Windows update, my computer will not turn on.When attempting to power on, I receive the following error:"Boot Error: Couldn't find a bootable operating system....
  5. Windows 10 newest update!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 newest update!!!: This new update has shut down my letter "m" and is messing everything up onmy computer. What can I do to stop this. I have to keep uninstalling it and it keeps happening. HELP!!!! I read a while ago that it messes up Lenovo brand computers and im not sure what to do. This is...
  6. Why do Microsoft inadvertently brick PCs?

Why do Microsoft inadvertently brick PCs?: 'Recently' the update 1903 came out to the OS and its apparently great. Issue is, people that were unlucky to be greeted by the error that it failed to download, are unable to use any Microsoft apps. When I was unable to install the update, I couldnt use the Xbox (app) to...
  7. Newest windows 10 update.

Newest windows 10 update.: I just put the newest update in and now my USB drives don't work on my computer. I can't get on at all. It boots up and I can't use my mouse or keyboard. Please help....
  8. Updating the newest Window 10

Updating the newest Window 10: When I tried to update to the newest Window 10 this is what I got: The following things need your attention to continue the installation and keep your Windows settings, personal files and apps. X Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) The inbox storage driver...
  9. windows 10 newest update

windows 10 newest update: how do install it and where can I download it from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-newest-update/d82903c5-f0e4-4fda-ab59-c7bfff840301
  10. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 April 2018 Update could brick some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 April 2018 Update could brick some PCs: Available since April 30 as a manual download, the highly-anticipated Windows 10 April 2018 Update is far from being a flawless feature update on some systems. The report indicates that Windows 10 version 1803 is causing a number of issues on some hardware configuration, with...