Windows 10: Newest windows 10 update killed my pc

Discus and support Newest windows 10 update killed my pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just downloaded the newest update for windows 10 on my PC and now all I can do is sign in and then my computer screen goes black and then it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarbButrick, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Newest windows 10 update killed my pc

I just downloaded the newest update for windows 10 on my PC and now all I can do is sign in and then my computer screen goes black and then it does nothing else. I did manage to get the task master to open and it says no programs running. Most of the time the curser is frozen on the black screen and that's it. Now what am I suppose to do?

:)

BarbButrick, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Octopuss Win User

Newest windows 10 update killed my pc

Windows 10 forced download

Is there any link with list of everything related to this for those who want to do it manually?

Octopuss, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Newest windows 10 update killed my pc

1. Newest windows 10 update killed my pc - Similar Threads - Newest update killed

2. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  3. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  4. The newest up day has killed my PC

The newest up day has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  5. The newest up day has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest up day has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  6. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last update of windows 10 killed my pc: Hi all, on 15 July 2023 Microsoft updated my Windows 10 PC I set it with target 22H2 from quite some time. After its switch off the PC did not restart. I just got a black screen with shell> prompt Clearly it does not reboot. I am extremely angry since I have no time to waste...
  7. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last update of windows 10 killed my pc: Hi all, on 15 July 2023 Microsoft updated my Windows 10 PC I set it with target 22H2 from quite some time. After its switch off the PC did not restart. I just got a black screen with shell> prompt Clearly it does not reboot. I am extremely angry since I have no time to waste...
  8. The last update of windows 10 killed my pc

9. My pc wont update windows to the newest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc wont update windows to the newest update.: My pc wont update windows from 1709 to the newest update, it always undo the changes. How do i go about fixing this problem without losing all my data....
  10. Windows updates are killing my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates are killing my pc: Not only it takes forever it goes on a restart loop. I somehow found a way to reset it. This has been happening every time I update. I even turned off auto update but windows still forces the update somehow. submitted by /u/varman13 [link] [comments]...