Windows 10: Newest windows update breaks almost everything

Discus and support Newest windows update breaks almost everything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer (a Dell inspirion) is less then a year old, and came with Windows 10. I got an update for Windows 10, at 8:35pm on the 29th of September... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DylanP, Sep 30, 2016.

1. DylanP Win User

Newest windows update breaks almost everything

My computer (a Dell inspirion) is less then a year old, and came with Windows 10. I got an update for Windows 10, at 8:35pm on the 29th of September which I assume is the main problem. So this morning, once everything had finished from the update after "shut down and update" last night, everything was fine. But I put my computer to sleep, left the house, and came back to almost nothing working. It would not take me to the login screen, it was just grey, so I manually powered off my computer. After that, the only things that works properly are windows explorer and bit defender, Google chrome is just a white box, Microsoft edge fails to load, and everything else either doesn't respond or just doesn't even appear.
    I've restarted, shut down and put my computer to sleep multiple times to no avail.
    I've tried to use the restore point just before the update, but it fails, saying that a file can't be accessed, and I should shut off any antivirus I have and try again. But doing that has also failed.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks.

:)

DylanP, Sep 30, 2016

2. Broadcom Netextreme stalls playing videos on Lenovo S20

Hi,

sure my system is not the newest; however, since upgrade to Windows 10 I lose network connection constantly. This happens almost always after some period of time. But when I stream videos it is sure, that connections break. Installed newest drivers, but
    could not resolve the issue.

Any hint besides adding a new network interface?

Thank you,

Franz

Franz Keller, Sep 30, 2016
  3. avast1978 Win User
    Windows Store

Hello

Why do not you repair your Windows store? Steam is more reliable than that .....

its this bug every time.(At the moment you have a connection break it will reset everything to zero),Update almost impossible? As Gears of war

In my opinion, it's shame for microsoft.

avast1978, Sep 30, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

I would put the blame squarely at Bit Defender, active AVs always make a problem like that. I tried it and few other ones and had to uninstall them before any major updates were applied. They also stop System restore.

CountMike, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Installing 187 and 222, result that in Settings the Bluetooth Pane disappear and Bluetooth Devices were recognized as "Other Devices".
    In 222 Networking was Brooken, I could not find other PC´s but other PC could find PC with 222.
    Both KB, after installing a Reboot takes 60s longer.
    I found out, that uninstalling those KB and re-installing last KB, at least Bluetooth Devices show were they should be.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Newest windows update breaks almost everything - Similar Threads - Newest update breaks

2. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  3. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  4. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost Almost Everything

Lost Almost Everything: I recently got on my hp laptop and when I put in my pin, it said preparing windows as if it had factory reset. The weird thing is a couple desktop applications survived but NO files. Everything on it except for those was deleted. The only change I made was stopping microsoft...
  6. Why do Windows 10 Updates Break Everything?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do Windows 10 Updates Break Everything?: This is more of a commentary than a question. Windows 7 is possibly the greatest OS ever built. Windows 10 on the other hand is woeful. Might I suggest to Microsoft that they build an OS for computers and leave Windows 10 to the tablet and phone applications? I have...
  7. Update to 1809 messed up almost everything

Update to 1809 messed up almost everything: I've updated a dozen of other computers to 1809 and had no problems. But those were mainly default setups, no advanced users. I thought it's time for me as advanced user to upgrade my Win 10 to 1809. And I did it. Jawww….disaster! :( Upon first reboot, my profile was...
  8. Windows updated and I lost almost everything

Windows updated and I lost almost everything: Windows did any update (it said something about an April update, I'm not sure) but I lost all my files I created, all my pics and most of my programs I installed. HELP!!! I need them back! What do I do?...
  9. Windows 10 update breaks everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update breaks everything: The latest Windows 10 update seems to break everything. The laptop I use is an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-51-76YG, Windows build 1803. It has all the latest drivers/BIOS updates. It was running perfectly well before the latest Windows update. But as soon as I try and update there's...
  10. Windows 10 update breaks everything

Windows 10 update breaks everything: The latest Windows 10 update seems to break everything. The laptop I use is an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-51-76YG, Windows build 1803. It has all the latest drivers/BIOS updates. It was running perfectly well before the latest Windows update. But as soon as I try and update there's...