Windows 10: Newest Windows Update Failed - Infinite "Undoing changes made to your computer..." Loop

Discus and support Newest Windows Update Failed - Infinite "Undoing changes made to your computer..." Loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think my computer may be bricked. As I described in the title, when I tried to install the newest Windows 10 update, it update failed. This led my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidYoung1567282, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Newest Windows Update Failed - Infinite "Undoing changes made to your computer..." Loop

I think my computer may be bricked. As I described in the title, when I tried to install the newest Windows 10 update, it update failed. This led my computer to be in a constant loop which it will not come out it. After booting the computer up, "Attempting to recover" breifly flashed the screen before reading "Undoing changes made to your computer...". The dotted circle will spin until it decides it wants to restart booting up all over again, the process repeats itself indefinitely. As much as I try, I am unable to reach the Windows Recovery Environment.

Here's what I have tried to remedy the issue:

1. I have a USB with Windows 10 on it and put it into the laptop; however, I am not taken to the WRE.

2. Manually attempting to reach the WRE by hard turning off and on the computer 3 times in a row. This doesn't work as after the 2nd attempt, when I turn on the power, the computer automatically turns off and on in quick succession before Windows attempts to load.

If there's anything more to try, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Thanks.

:)

DavidYoung1567282, Oct 27, 2019

2. windows 10 undoing changes loop

Hi,

This issue is caused by a corrupted updates on your computer.

We found an article similar to your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on this
    thread.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Jan3d Win User
    update stuck in infinite loop

My computer automatically updated to Windows 10 from 7. Ever since, anytime an update comes through, it gets stuck in an infinite loop. It appears that a HP printer update is failing, but I don't know if that's what's causing the loop. How can I eliminate
    that update, to see if future updates will continue as they should?

Jan3d, Oct 27, 2019
  4. kbrenet Win User

Newest Windows Update Failed - Infinite "Undoing changes made to your computer..." Loop

Windows 10 Update Infinite Loop

I'm in the infinite loop of the Windows 10 1709 update. It always tells me to reboot to install and then it fails to install, only to repeat over and over and over. How do I get out of this loop??

kbrenet, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Newest Windows Update Failed - Infinite "Undoing changes made to your computer..." Loop

1. Newest Windows Update Failed - Infinite "Undoing changes made to your computer..." Loop - Similar Threads - Newest Update Failed

2. Undoing changes made to your computer loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes made to your computer loop: Help, i am a windows 11 user and during an update my power went out. After it came back on i turned my computer back on and it booted up normally but is stuck in a loop saying undoing changes made to your computer....
  3. Undoing changes made to your computer loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes made to your computer loop: Help, i am a windows 11 user and during an update my power went out. After it came back on i turned my computer back on and it booted up normally but is stuck in a loop saying undoing changes made to your computer....
  4. Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer": For a really long time, everytime I have tried updating my computer it always updates for a little while and then it says "Undoing changes made to your computer" and the update doesnt finish.I need to update my computer but it doesnt let me because of this issue....
  5. Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Computer "Undoing changes made to your computer": For a really long time, everytime I have tried updating my computer it always updates for a little while and then it says "Undoing changes made to your computer" and the update doesnt finish.I need to update my computer but it doesnt let me because of this issue....
  6. Stuck in Undoing changes made to your computer loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Undoing changes made to your computer loop: Two nights ago Windows asked me to restart to install an update and I did, the computer proceeded to spend the entire night and most of the next day restarting itself endlessly; I got home from work at the end of that day and tried to figure out what was wrong and in the...
  7. Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop: I had windows update itself and now it does not startup, giving "Undoing changes made to your computer", restarting and then going again and again in an infinite loop. I am unable to force "Automatic repair" screen by force shutting down multiple times, or pressing any of the...
  8. "Undoing changes made to your computer" loop

"Undoing changes made to your computer" loop: windows 10 tried updating during my off hours and I guess it ended up not working because it's been stuck in this loop. after a while it either resets or bsods, I haven't gotten the error code but next time I'll be sure to remember it. I've tried booting into safe mode...
  9. Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop

Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop: So, I was having dinner, windows decided it needed to update, sure go ahead I’ll just finish my delicious meal. After the meal i became excited and really wanted to play Dota 2. So my dumb ass turned off the pc, expecting it to just reboot and I would be able to play my game....
  10. Undoing changes made to your computer loop

Undoing changes made to your computer loop: My desktop is stuck in a continual loop where it starts to boot, then says "attempting to recover installation", then says, "undoing changes made to your computer." Then it just restarts and does this again and again and again and again. The whole loop last maybe 30 seconds....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop computer from attempting to recover your computer undoing changes

2. attempting to recover installation undoing changes made to your computer

3. undoing changes made to your computer

4. attempting to recover undoing changes made to your computer,
  5. why my windows update failed and undochanges,
  6. undoing changes infinite loop,
  7. undoing changes to your computer loop,
  8. windows attempting to recover installation undoing changes made to your computer,
  9. computer keeps saying it is undoing changes to my computer and that is all it does,
  10. undoing changes made to your computer after latest windows update,
  11. windows pc undoing changes made to your computer fail,
  12. why did windows undo changes to computer at restart,
  13. undoing changes made to your computer loop,
  14. undoing changes made to your computer 1903,
  15. undoing changes made to your computer after windows update