Windows 10: Newest windows update has got rid of screen brightness option in setting and stopped some...

Discus and support Newest windows update has got rid of screen brightness option in setting and stopped some... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; there is no way for me to change the screen brightness and the newest update has stopped me being able to use the F3 and F4 keys to turn up/down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bryony_025, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Newest windows update has got rid of screen brightness option in setting and stopped some...

there is no way for me to change the screen brightness and the newest update has stopped me being able to use the F3 and F4 keys to turn up/down the brightness of the screen. I cannot roll back my display drive, there is nothing in the control panel or settings allowing me to find an option to do anything about this, my screen is extremely bright and hurts to use for long periods.what can i do to change this?

:)

bryony_025, Apr 29, 2021

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Sleep function disappeared after Creators update also screen brightness buttons stopped working

After creators update sleep function does not work, power options has no option for sleep.

• In Start>Power sleep does not show, only Hibernate Shut down and Restart.
    • Cannot change screen brightness, buttons stopped working, Action center lost the screen brightness button, Windows Mobility center brightness control has no affect.

JodySolell, Apr 29, 2021
  4. rlee123 Win User

Newest windows update has got rid of screen brightness option in setting and stopped some...

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Newest windows update has got rid of screen brightness option in setting and stopped some...

1. Newest windows update has got rid of screen brightness option in setting and stopped some... - Similar Threads - Newest update has

2. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  3. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  4. Why has the latest Windows update stopped my brightness settings working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has the latest Windows update stopped my brightness settings working?: Windows has updated 08/03/2022 and I am now longer able to adjust the brightness settings on my laptop.Build version 25314.rs_prerelease.230303-1411.I uninstalled the update I was able to adjust brightness again. Windows has again reinstalled the update and back to square...
  5. Why has the latest Windows update stopped my brightness settings working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has the latest Windows update stopped my brightness settings working?: Windows has updated 08/03/2022 and I am now longer able to adjust the brightness settings on my laptop.Build version 25314.rs_prerelease.230303-1411.I uninstalled the update I was able to adjust brightness again. Windows has again reinstalled the update and back to square...
  6. Windows newest update Brightness issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows newest update Brightness issue: I just updated to the latest version of windows and upon getting into the home screen I immediately noticed the brightness had been automatically adjusted. I have spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to adjust it and I have found nothing. There is no slider in...
  7. Screen Brightness setting stuck on Screen

Screen Brightness setting stuck on Screen: After the latest update for my laptop, an HP Core i3 (I'm not much of a tech person), there appeared the brightness key on my screen which I couldn't hide. And when I try to adjust the brightness, it automatically goes dark or 0% brightness. It's really annoying. When I'm...
  8. Stop some language options re-setting -- disable sync

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop some language options re-setting -- disable sync: Hi folks Sometimes I've found a bit irritating when Windows re-sets some language options -- seemingly by itself. You need to disable Sync across devices - can be done globally or individually -- otherwise depending on other computers / phones / how an Ms account / one drive...
  9. Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update

Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update: So before i updated, the windows battery icon had this really nice and easy to access button which allowed to switch between 0, 25, 50 and 100% brightness, and also another button toggle between power saver, balanced and higher perfomance power use, but after i updated...
  10. screen brightness auto set

screen brightness auto set: How do I get the screen brightness to automatically be the same as when the laptop is plugged in to power and when it is running on battery?...