Windows 10: Newest Windows update KB4100347 10/20/2018 Broke USB Headset Mic connection

Discus and support Newest Windows update KB4100347 10/20/2018 Broke USB Headset Mic connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was using a Razer Man o War head set and on Saturday (10/20/2018) my mic stopped working. I thought maybe it was just broken talked with Razer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyler_B, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Kyler_B Win User

Newest Windows update KB4100347 10/20/2018 Broke USB Headset Mic connection

I was using a Razer Man o War head set and on Saturday (10/20/2018) my mic stopped working. I thought maybe it was just broken talked with Razer support they couldnt figure it out. They sent me to best buy to get a replacement. I decided to step it up and get the Razer Nari (wireless head set). Came home played Saturday Night until 5 am. Worked just fine. Got up Sunday after head set was plugged into computer via usb connector and it stopped working. Went to Razer support the claimed broken again went got another one. Came home at 2 pm Sunday (10/21/2018) and worked just fine audio / mic everything. Went to dinner (again plugged cable into headset to charge it). Came home to find mic was broken again when I put headset on.

Razer IT guys said it must be from the update windows pushed out. Not a chance that 3 Razer head sets from best buy all have mic issues. (I know the mic works because when used on my iphone I had no issues even after it stopped working on windows).

Anyone have any idea what to do? Just talked with windows IT they said they would help me after I paid for their IT program 150$ plus a 49.99$ specific issue request.

Here is the update:

Quality Updates:

2018-09 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 Based Systems (KB4100347)

Successfully Installed on 10/20/2018

Any help would be great I am stuck... My headset costs 150$ so they are not cheap.

:)

Kyler_B, Oct 22, 2018
  2. Knocc Out Win User

Headset/mic jacks, soundcard, and USb adapter?

Hello, right now I'm using a Audigy 2 sound card, my speakers connect to it using 1 orange jack going into the digital out port (I think) of the sound card (even though im using analog setting it still works :S), I will soon be buying a headset and am confused as to where I will plug it in, I want to use the headset and mic port at the front of my computer. and I have headset and mic ports on my sound card, but I am worried that as Im using a sound card it will not recognize if I plug it into the front of my PC, also I was wondering how the headsets that come with a USB adapter work, would I be able to get sound if I plug it into my USB at front of the pc?

Knocc Out, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Corsair Void Headset - No MIC Audio

I have a Corsair VOID USB gaming headset and for some reason since switching to Windows 10, I can't get the MIC to work. I can hear fine, but can't talk. It worked fine on Windows 7, and works fine on another computer.

I have the latest drivers and control software installed from Corsair, and if I really fiddle with it I am able to get the MIC audio to work in my DAW (Ableton Live 10 sound recording software), but it won't work anywhere else like Skype, which is really where I need it.

Any suggestions?

Gurn Blanston, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Newest Windows update KB4100347 10/20/2018 Broke USB Headset Mic connection

Reinstalled my windows 10, and my headset mic isnt working...

Hi Anrijs,

This issue may have been caused by an outdated driver. To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Are you getting a notification when you connect the headset mic to your computer?
    • Is the headset mic detected under Device Manager?
    • Have you tried using the headset mic on another device? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    Meanwhile, you can run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Newest Windows update KB4100347 10/20/2018 Broke USB Headset Mic connection

1. Newest Windows update KB4100347 10/20/2018 Broke USB Headset Mic connection - Similar Threads - Newest update KB4100347

2. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  3. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  4. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Window's 10 Update broke Mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window's 10 Update broke Mic: Hello there, Windows 10 had a update a few months ago and after the update it broke my mic in a way. When Enabling, Noise Suppression, Echo Cancellation it mutes my mic and I need to restart my PC, I found a slight fix but not full, my fix uses software that let's me adjust...
  6. The New Update: 2018-10 KB4100347

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The New Update: 2018-10 KB4100347: I was going to shut off my computer and go to bed but then there is an update called "2018-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100347)" (and probably"Windows 10, version 1809"), i have to look for answers online to see if its safe or not, because...
  7. The New Update: 2018-10 KB4100347

in Windows 10 Support
    The New Update: 2018-10 KB4100347: I was going to shut off my computer and go to bed but then there is an update called "2018-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4100347)" (and probably"Windows 10, version 1809"), i have to look for answers online to see if its safe or not, because...
  8. Windows Update - KB4100347

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - KB4100347: The windows update for KB4100347 has been trying to download into my PC for the last 4-5 days. All it ever gets to is 2% then nothing more. After this point it just tries (in vain) to repeat the download from the start again. The same thing happens with my laptop except...
  9. Windows update KB4100347 broke ALL network connections of my HP Omen 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4100347 broke ALL network connections of my HP Omen 15 laptop: I want to report Windows update bug. I've installed Windows update KB4100347 yesterday on my HP Omen 15 laptop and the update broke the wireless card and the Ethernet card. The wireless card disappeared from the Network Connections altogether and it was showing an error...
  10. USB port not working after KB4100347 windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port not working after KB4100347 windows update: This does feel weird, but my computer stays in the same spot and doesn't move. The only change is that my computer just updated the KB4100347 automatic update. At first I thought it was causing an issue with my mouse driver, but then I realized my other USB ports work...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset razer usb broke error 43

2. Update for Microsoft windows KB4100347 USB

3. skype stopped working windows 10

4. kb4100347 problems,
  5. cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (kb4462933),
  6. corsair void no mic after windows update