Windows 10: Newest windows update messed up keyboard then entire computer

Discus and support Newest windows update messed up keyboard then entire computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried updated to the newest mandatory Windows update as my computer turn itself off and then back on my keyboard started to type S every time I hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GolomeBreaker11, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Newest windows update messed up keyboard then entire computer

I tried updated to the newest mandatory Windows update as my computer turn itself off and then back on my keyboard started to type S every time I hit the the end button triggered a macro of sorts and half of my keyboard stopped working I turned my computer off and back on to hopefully fix the problem and now my computer will turn on with no screen it’s all black I’ve tried to other keyboards I’ve tried plugging the HDMI cord into the motherboard instead of my GTX 1060 6 GB the computers The computer is running perfectly fine for four years now no problem and tell us update tried calling Microsoft support could not get past automated system because I did not have a paid plan with Microsoft

:)

GolomeBreaker11, Aug 16, 2020

2. NumLock key messes up alpha keys on desktop with full size keyboard.

Hi,

I realize that numlock key messes up with other keys on the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Unplug the keyboard from the computer, restart the computer once and then re-plug the keyboard to check if that helps.

You may also plug in this keyboard into another PC to check if the issue persists. You may plug in another keyboard in to this PC to check if that helps.

Also ensure to install any pending Windows updates on the PC and restart it to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You may also use the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Keyboard language mess up

Hi Julie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • When you say that your preferred keyboard language disappeared or was deleted, did you try reinstalling it?
    • If yes, were you able to reinstall it?
    • If No, what happens when you try to reinstall it or any other keyboard language?

Kindly provide some more details so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, make sure that Windows is up to date. I would suggest to create a new user account and see if you can add/remove the keyboard languages.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderators

Peer_Sam, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Newest windows update messed up keyboard then entire computer

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Newest windows update messed up keyboard then entire computer

1. Newest windows update messed up keyboard then entire computer - Similar Threads - Newest update messed

2. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  3. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  4. Windows Updates are Messing Up Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates are Messing Up Computer: I just got my computer working properly again after running a repair install of Windows 10 to fix the issues stated here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/dism-sfc-scannow-cant-complete-troubleshooting-is/ef2135d3-5f6f-4f2f-acee-a8a17c9e35aa...
  5. Windows Updates are Messing Up Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates are Messing Up Computer: I just got my computer working properly again after running a repair install of Windows 10 to fix the issues stated here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/dism-sfc-scannow-cant-complete-troubleshooting-is/ef2135d3-5f6f-4f2f-acee-a8a17c9e35aa...
  6. Windows Updates are Messing Up Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Newest update messes up audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newest update messes up audio drivers.: This is the third time I'm installing the newest update, twice out of will and now because they are forcing me to. Every time I switch to this version the sound in my Sennheiser 4.40 BT headset is stuttery/laggy. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and even buying a new...
  8. Messed up keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up keyboard: so something is wrong with my computer - any time I press the a key it acts as the left arrow key - when I press the w key it acts as the forward arrow key - same thing with my s and d keys to their counterparts?? HELP PLZ!!!...
  9. The newest windows update messes up my Bluetooth audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The newest windows update messes up my Bluetooth audio.: I thought it couldn't get worse but here we are. Windows kept asking me to update my os so I did, and my audio got stuttery and choppy so I had to rollback. Does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/zbikuuu [link] [comments]...
  10. Newest Windows 10 update messed up my PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Newest Windows 10 update messed up my PC.: Hello , i updated my pc yesterday and saw it was like a big update cause it was copying all my files and restarting many times. After the update finished i shut down my pc. The next day turn on my pc and see some visual differences and some problems, first my mouse didnt work...