Windows 10: Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help.

Discus and support Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I finish updating my windows update and come back to find that 4 important word documents have gone missing from my desktop. I look into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulAzar, Aug 29, 2019.

1. PaulAzar Win User

Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help.

So I finish updating my windows update and come back to find that 4 important word documents have gone missing from my desktop. I look into my documents and find them, but they are saved versions from 2 days ago? How do I retrieve my most recent saved word files please? I'd rather not have 2 days of editing go to waste. Thank you.

:)

PaulAzar, Aug 29, 2019

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Constantine Yevseyev, Aug 29, 2019
  3. LynnW213 Win User
    Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update

I had a word document on my desktop that I updated and saved yesterday. Today my laptop automatically updated, and when I turned it back on, that document was gone.

It was only visible under the Recent Files list in Quick Access, and it showed that the document's destination was on the desktop, even though it's not visible on the desktop. When I changed the indexing setting to reveal hidden files, it showed up as a
    hidden file there.

But, the newest version I saved yesterday was lost, the hidden document I found was an old version of the document from days ago.

I don't know how to recover the missing updated document, or why the old document became hidden. The properties showed it has no previous versions, and there wasn't any temporary files in the word autosave folder either.

Is the document still recoverable, or did I just lost the updated version forever?

LynnW213, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help.

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I can't thank you enough. I appreciate the time you and others have spent on this. Hmm so my license for 8 would not work for the 8.1 download that I was directed to? I would have wasted time with that? I am still on XP and Win7 machines at the moment and can't stand 8 so I don't mess with 8 machines very often and thus am ignorant to most of it.. At this time I am doing what my previous post has stated and I am going to see if that works. So far it is working which is a shock to me. If it doesn't work out I am going to try your suggestions. I am very thankful for the time you put in helping me. I will report back and let you all know how this turns out.

BlackHawk1, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help.

1. Newest Windows update reverted my saved word files? Please help. - Similar Threads - Newest update reverted

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  4. Word updates didn't save

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word updates didn't save: I was working on a large document today, and saved it in my OneDrive. I saw it save. As I was saving, it even warned me there was another document with the same name and asked if I wanted to write over it, which I did. I then closed the document, but when I went back to...
  5. Please help! Revert Windows 10 theme.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help! Revert Windows 10 theme.: A few minutes ago, I logged on my niece' windows 10 PC and downloaded the Xbox game pass(beta), once I signed in with my Xbox account, it changed my niece's windows 10 theme right away, is there any way that I can revet it back to the ones(before I signed in)? Please advise,...
  6. Newest Update has removed antivirus please help..?

Newest Update has removed antivirus please help..?: The newest update has removed my kaspersky internet security and each time i download and reinstall it the pc restarts to finish setup and the app is not installed. in the bottom right icons when i press the arrow i have no tile showing windows security and in settings the...
  7. Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update

Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update: I had a word document on my desktop that I updated and saved yesterday. Today my laptop automatically updated, and when I turned it back on, that document was gone. It was only visible under the Recent Files list in Quick Access, and it showed that the document's...
  8. Cant update and save my host file. Please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant update and save my host file. Please help: My host file is host.bak. I don't know why. Please help [ATTACH] 136568
  9. Cant update and save my host file. Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant update and save my host file. Please help: My host file is host.bak. I don't know why. Please help [ATTACH] 136568
  10. cannot save word files after 1809 update

cannot save word files after 1809 update: my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013... Any ideas what i can do? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update reverted files