Windows 10: NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically

Discus and support NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; NewFileGo is a portable software program for Microsoft's Windows operating system that Windows users may use to monitor directories for new files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 17, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically

NewFileGo is a portable software program for Microsoft's Windows operating system that Windows users may use to monitor directories for new files matching set rules to execute commands automatically.

Basic examples where something like this may be useful include moving digital camera photos to another directory once they are transferred to the system, extracting downloaded archives automatically, or deleting files automatically when they appear in a certain folder on the system.

NewFileGo is a small application that is provided as an archive. Just download and extract the archive on the system and run the executable file directly to get started. The developer of the application added the source code of the app to the distribution; a scan on Virustotal returned no hits.

Tip: you may process files based on age using the Windows tool Forfiles.

NewFileGo

NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically newfilego.png

The program opens a clean interface on start. The very first thing you need to do is click on the "add new watcher" button to create a new monitoring process.

The interface is clean and it is easy to create a new process. The configuration window is divided into two groups: files to monitor and commands to execute.

Files to monitor sets the folder, file name and extension filters, and type parameters. You can monitor for new files, changed files, or new and changed files.

You may only define one file type rule; the default is *.* which catches all files but that can be changed in the interface. If you want to monitor several distinct file types, e.g. .jpg, .png, and .mp4, you need to create rules for each individually unless you are certain that only these files will ever appear in the monitored folder.

NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically newfilego-new-monitor-task.png

The same is true for folder selection; you may only select one folder to monitor per task.

The command to execute part defines a command that you want NewFileGo to run when a new or changed file is detected.

You may run the command for each file individually or once for all files, the latter may be useful if you want to process all files at once, e.g. all photos using an image converter. The application comes with a number of presets, e.g. open the file in notepad, echo at command line but it is also possible to run a custom command.

A click on save creates the new monitoring task but it may not activate it right away. You need to right-click on the task and select enable/disable to toggle the state.

NewFileGo starts the monitoring right away once enabled. You may want to test it first by selecting the echo command line action to verify that it works as intended.

The right-click menu features a duplicate command to create a copy of an existing rule; that is great if you need to create similar rules for multiple file extensions or folders.

Related programs

We reviewed several related programs in the past, here is a small selection:

Closing Words

NewFileGo is a handy program for Microsoft Windows devices to monitor folders for new or changed files and run a command on them automatically. The application is portable, uses a streamlined interface, and is not too heavy either when it runs.

It could use a bit more guidance or features, e.g. a toolbar to activate or disable tasks as it may not be clear to everyone that you need to use the right-click menu to change the state.

A log listing processed files and the status of each operation could be a useful optional feature as well.

Now You: Do you use tools like NewFileGo on your system?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 17, 2019
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. NewFileGo for Windows: watch for new files and execute programs automatically - Similar Threads - NewFileGo watch files

2. Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎8/‎3/‎2020 OS build 19044.1466 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I have a batch file that I want to start a browser, wait for it to close, then proceed to the next instruction in the batch. The batch...
  3. Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Batch file does not wait for executed program to finish.: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎8/‎3/‎2020 OS build 19044.1466 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I have a batch file that I want to start a browser, wait for it to close, then proceed to the next instruction in the batch. The batch...
  4. Windows execute file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows execute file: Approximately 3 minutes after switching on the computer, during startup, I get the following page appearing on the screen for about 1 second. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.0.50727\installutil.exe This page flashes up 32 times before everything settles down. Has...
  5. Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?

Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?: Hello, everyone, I have programmed a Minecraft server and have now set the computer to go on and off to certain pages. When it is on, the start file Per Autostart opens. But to close it I need the command /stop so the server saves. But because I want everything to be...
  6. Ports & Program execution

Ports & Program execution: I am a prescriber of Window 10. I have faced a problem in the execution. The program always informs me that a connection error has occurred gets suspendid, and the program repeats and tries to re-connect again, but with no success ...So, I want to know: 1-How to identify port...
  7. executable pdf program

executable pdf program: Is there a program that I can launch, and allow me to open one pdf file, out of several? The program I create so to speak will have an icon or button that executes a program that will open and see several pdf files. I can open one of these files. A different pdf file can...
  8. Programs execution issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs execution issue: Hi , i'm facing this since yestereday ...im unable to run any kind of programs unless i run them with admin rights , so the following error keeps displaying whenever i run an .exe file : [ATTACH] This message includes ALL programs , i request your help...
  9. Windows Automatically Moving Program Files

Windows Automatically Moving Program Files: I recently installed Windows 10. I did so to a small SDD that I planned on using for nothing more than Windows itself. I immediately made sure to edit the registry upon install to set it so that Windows would install to the HDD. (The programfilesdir and program files dirx86...
  10. Automatic execution change after updating to new build..

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic execution change after updating to new build..: Hello, before the update, when i plugged my WD Passport hard drive, it would ask me if i want to launch the autorun (which is the app to unlock drive encryption); then would open the unlocked drive in exporer. After the update, it doesn't ask me anything anymore *Sad So i...