Windows 10: Newly-built computer keeps crashing

Discus and support Newly-built computer keeps crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently built my first desktop computer, and I keep getting crashes. They started quite infrequently, but have become a daily occurrence.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AMichaud2, Nov 27, 2020.

1. AMichaud2 Win User

Newly-built computer keeps crashing

Hi all,

I recently built my first desktop computer, and I keep getting crashes. They started quite infrequently, but have become a daily occurrence. The blue screen disappears pretty quickly, so I've only managed to get two screenshots of it. The stopcodes they give me are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. It always seems to be while I'm in the middle of something, whether that be a game or watching a stream or video.

I am also finishing some classes which require me to edit with the Adobe Creative Commons suite, and I'm very nervous the files will be corrupted if I get a sudden crash partway through an export or something. For what it's worth, lately the crashes have been late at night, after the machine has been running all day.

Thanks in advance, all. Stay safe.

:)

AMichaud2, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Derek4499 Win User

Newly Built Computer Randomely Crashing

I just recently built a new computer, everything's working great except it randomly crashes every now and then, and not during times of high Cpu load or anything, but just browsing the web or anything. I can play Crysis for over an hour and it won't crash, but I can't finish extracting any of my music because it crashes no further then half way through (4 gb backups), which leads me to suspect the hardrive, which I'm running in IDE mode, should I be doing something different?

Specs:
    XFX Radeon HD 4650
    2x Ultra 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz
    Western Digital 500GB SATA Hard Drive
    AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.00 GHz
    Power Up! 450 Watt PS and Power Up! Case
    Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H Motherboard
    HP DVD-RW CD Drive

EDIT: I realize the dumb spelling mistake in title.

Derek4499, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Newly Built Computer Randomely Crashing

Sorry, who told you computer troubleshooting made sense lol sometimes its just one of those things, but if you can swap the psu try it, also check your hdd's for errors, if they both some up clean then you can try some linX and memtest

InTeL-iNsIdE, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Derek4499 Win User

Newly Built Computer Randomely Crashing

But then wouldn't it make sense when the computer was only crashing during performance intensive situations? Because I can play games, and it runs them great and won't crash for hours, but it crashes during odd times like extracting files, which makes me think the hard drive.

Derek4499, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Newly-built computer keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Newly built computer

2. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  3. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  4. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Newly built pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly built pc keeps crashing: I have recently built a new pc and I had succesfully installed windows on it but aboit 30 min after into my setup my pc crashed. After it crashed it would only reboot to my bios screen an I have no option in my boot priority. I thought it was my ssd so with some researxhI...
  6. BSoD on newly built computer

BSoD on newly built computer: I have gotten 3 BSoDs since building this computer 1 week ago. I don't know what code it's throwing, sometimes happens while in screen lock. It restarts too quick for me to see what the code is and I have no idea how to interpret the codes to see what they mean. The latest...
  7. Newly built PC crashed

Newly built PC crashed: Hi, I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out. is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters. Here's the link to the file...
  8. Newly built PC crashes continuously

Newly built PC crashes continuously: I recently built a PC with a Ryzen 7 2700 RX 590 gpu, 16 gb ram ddr4 and gigabyte b450m ds3h. As for storage I installed my old HDD (that had windows installed) and 970 EVO Plus m2 ssd. At the begining I booted form the old HDD but despite installing new drivers windows...
  9. Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing

Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing: Last week I recently built my new PC and it was working fine up until last night when I was live streaming a game of CS:GO and my PC randomly crashed during warmup. Little did I know this was just the start of it... I left my PC on throughout the night and woke up the next...
  10. Newly built computer keeps bluescreening

Newly built computer keeps bluescreening: My desktop that I built this summer has been randomly giving BSODs after prolonged use. They are generic error messages like "IRQL not less or equal" but they are always different so far. I have all drivers up to date, but there was nothing in my minidump folder. I enabled...