Windows 10: Newly-built desktop hangs on the initial "Restarting" Windows screen for a minute whenever...

Discus and support Newly-built desktop hangs on the initial "Restarting" Windows screen for a minute whenever... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The actual boot time for the system is shorter than the time is takes for the "Restarting" screen to go away. This is rather frustrating because my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SquilliamR, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Newly-built desktop hangs on the initial "Restarting" Windows screen for a minute whenever...

The actual boot time for the system is shorter than the time is takes for the "Restarting" screen to go away. This is rather frustrating because my other Windows devices don't hang on this screen at all. Shutting the computer down and powering it on is actually faster than doing a normal restart. I could be wrong, but it seems as though this could be caused by some background process taking a while to close whenever the system tries to restart, though I'm not sure how to identify it. I've tried closing all of the programs running in the system tray before restarting but this did not change the problem.

:)

SquilliamR, Jan 2, 2019
  2. alonbl Win User

Initial Boot Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen - but restart always works

When I turn on my PC lately the old white splash screen comes up instead of the black, after a minute the screen becomes black. When I shut down and turn on again the black splash screen comes up, then it restarts and windows is started (pushing the reset button put me back to hanged post). I removed the CMOS battery and put it back again but same results.
    How can I fix it?

alonbl, Jan 2, 2019
  3. HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

xstayxtruex, Jan 2, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Newly-built desktop hangs on the initial "Restarting" Windows screen for a minute whenever...

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

Newly-built desktop hangs on the initial "Restarting" Windows screen for a minute whenever...

1. Newly-built desktop hangs on the initial "Restarting" Windows screen for a minute whenever... - Similar Threads - Newly built desktop

2. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  3. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  4. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Newly built Pc on Windows 11 keeps restarting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly built Pc on Windows 11 keeps restarting randomly: This is my first PC build, my newly built pc keeps randomly crashing and restarting, sometimes it closes everything and kicks me back to the login screen and sometimes it restarts the entire pc.Hardware is as follows:Mobo - Gigabyte b550m ds3hCPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-coreGPU...
  6. Newly built Pc on Windows 11 keeps restarting randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly built Pc on Windows 11 keeps restarting randomly?: I'm not sure what info you would require as this is my first PC build, my newly built pc keeps randomly crashing and restarting, sometimes it closes everything and kicks me back to the login screen and sometimes it restarts the entire pc. Hardware is as follows:Mobo -...
  7. Newly built Pc on Windows 11 keeps restarting randomly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly built Pc on Windows 11 keeps restarting randomly?: I'm not sure what info you would require as this is my first PC build, my newly built pc keeps randomly crashing and restarting, sometimes it closes everything and kicks me back to the login screen and sometimes it restarts the entire pc. Hardware is as follows:Mobo -...
  8. Newly built computer restarts randomly HELP

Newly built computer restarts randomly HELP: I5-9600k Asus Prime z390a Radeon Red devil RX 5700XT G.skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz 2x8Gb ram 650W EVGA Bronze rated psu Gamdias C 2 fan radiator So i had an issue building this. When i first put it all together, it wouldn't post with both sticks of ram in the mobo, in...
  9. newly built pc

newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  10. Newly built pc Freezing/hanging

Newly built pc Freezing/hanging: I have just recently built myself this new pc and I am running into an issue where it freezes randomly and the taskbar becomes unresponsive. When gaming it dosent seem to do it but when navigating windows it will freeze for a short period of time or somtimes (more often than...