Windows 10: "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes

Discus and support "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I recently refurbished my PC a bit, to accomodate a new graphics card, and speed it up. The only parts remainig from the old pc which ran for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cover, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Cover Win User

"newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes

Hey,

I recently refurbished my PC a bit, to accomodate a new graphics card, and speed it up. The only parts remainig from the old pc which ran for 6 years very stable is the RAM, and a mass storage 2TB Hitachi HDD, the case, DVD player and the PSU.
    The OS (Windows 10 Pro, student license) is installed on a SSD: Samsung 850 Pro.

During the installation process I got several bluescreens and crashes, but at the third try windows installed nicely - though it continued to give bluescreens.
    So I started to troubleshoot myself:
    I updated the BIOS with software from the website from MSI, I updated the Chipset drivers with the MSI update-tool, I cleanly installed the Nvidia graphics driver (with beforehand removing everything with driver cleanup in safe mode). The Nvidia driver was a bit quirky, initially it just presented "failer, could not install myself", and canceled the installation, but cleaning up made it possible to install it afterwards, just nicely.
    I tested every RAM part each with memtest86 about 10-20 passes each without any errors (all in the same slot on the motherboard).
    Samsungs SSD wizard claims that the SSD is fully functioning and healthy.

I ran the Driver verifier for a small amount of time, and it didn't show anything, but I guess I should give it more time.

The system sometimes freezes after about 1 minute, and sometimes continues quite long behaving just normal, enabling me to install windows updates, do online searches and even gaming.

here are the .zip-files generated after two crashes: the earlier one is a freez after a few minutes of running, the second a (new) bluescreen during gaming
    Attachment 54631Attachment 54632

the most commong bluescreens (but maybe not exclusive all I got) are:

• Memory Management
      • (Driver) IRQL not less or equal
      • Page Fault in unpaged area
      • Dpc watchdog violation
      • Kmode exception not handled

I hope anyone will be able to help a bit, I don't know what to do anymore (except that I will start the driver verifier now, and let it run a few hours, leaving my apartment in a few minutes, so I will report what it did later on).

Kind regards,

EDIT:
    what I forgot to mention:

the errorcode of the last bluescreen while gaming: 0x0000361a
    I did a system restore once (or I tried) after something crashed. In the process, it claimed not to have worked, giving this error-code: 0x80070002
    Nevertheless, after restarting, it claimed to have successfully restored my system - so I don't know what happened.

Additionally, don't know if that's any helpful, the fast access option in the explorer, showing last and most looked at things, as well as presenting the "bibliographies" (Documents, Downloads, Music,...) did work correctly. After I changed the Firefox Download-Folder and changed the automatic saving options of Documents and stuff to my mass storage HDD, there is nothing listed anymore, and if I try adding a Folder to the fast access list, it fails, prompting a message like "E:\ I can not do this" (E is the HDDs Name)

:)

Cover, Dec 20, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Dec 20, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes :)

musum, Dec 20, 2015
  4. Cover Win User

Hey,

I was copying files (trying to get the backed up data again on the HDD - I copy from a NAS, which is connected via iSCSI), when the RAM was filling up (seen at the Task Manager). It seemed as if the copyied files were not deleted from the RAM after moving on my HDD. I have to admit, it maybe was not the best idea to wait what will happen when the RAM is absolutely full, if it would throw a bluescreen related to RAM (I thought, maybe that could have been the case before, as I did this sometimes, but it became obvious it was not).

I ended with a screen turning black, with a visible cursor. I tried to shut it down blindly, but failed, and could not do it by short-cuts. So I pressed the reset button on the case, and boom, ran into a boot-loop with a bluescreen:
    IRQL not less or equal

This appeared twice, and then went into "Windows could not be loaded correctly, do sth" screen. There I wanted to do a system restore, but it could not find any restore-point (which should have been there).

So now I went to system reset, while keeping personal files. It worked fine, though I deem I'll be obliged to go through the Nvidia graphics driver installation with beforehand uninstalling everything from it in safe mode.....I'll try to install it just like that beforehand....

EDIT: graphic driver installation worked without any disturbances

EDIT (29.12.2015):

After the system reset, the system ran quite good (compared to the mess beforehand), with an occasional freezing. Now, a few new Bluescreens are appearing:

• 0x000361a
    • system service exception (dxgmms2.sys) (only spotify was running in firefox, apart from that idle)
    • Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page
    • pfn list corrupt
    • Attempted write to readonly memory

apart from that, sometimes the computer freezes, and the audio player (the realtek device, just normal audio out at the mainboard) gives a very loud, strange sound, just random crazyness.
    I deactivated the NVIDIA Sound device for HDMI support, but it occured again.

Some of the recent crashes occured when I tried to start "Assassins Creed Syndicate", without first starting Uplay - when I started out of Uplay, it went nicely to the point where the ingame world should be displayed, upon that it froze and gave the jizzling crazy sound.

So again, I don't have any idea what to do next, what to check, to update to.....

I attach the zip-file generated just now, after the last crash
    Attachment 55948

I'd be glad to have someone looking over it, I'm on the edge to take the computer to some shop, and probably waste some money on someone who will just only try what I tried already....

Cover, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

1. "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes - Similar Threads - newly built freezes

2. Bluescreening Newly Built Computer, What Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreening Newly Built Computer, What Do?: Hello World!This newly built computer keeps bluescreening every once in a while. Life sucks. There are attached files through google drive for people smarter than I to figure it out. Please help. Thank you.System file is named fileofdoom for some reason it shows as an audio...
  3. Bluescreening Newly Built Computer, What Do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreening Newly Built Computer, What Do?: Hello World!This newly built computer keeps bluescreening every once in a while. Life sucks. There are attached files through google drive for people smarter than I to figure it out. Please help. Thank you.System file is named fileofdoomThe dump files are named a bunch of...
  4. Newly built PC freezes on idle or low power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built PC freezes on idle or low power: I've been having an issue for the past 2 months where my PC slowly freezes up when I'm not doing very much. The only time it doesn't freeze is if I run a game in the background. I recently thought it was due to faulty RAM as I did a scan and 1 of my sticks had errors. Since...
  5. Newly Built PC freezes sometimes whilst entering sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Newly Built PC freezes sometimes whilst entering sleep: Sometimes when I click the sleep button in Windows 10, the PC just freezes up and i cannot wake it up. The mouse and keyboard become unresponsive and the LEDs in my PC all stay lit. When sleep mode works, only the RAM and Motherboard are lit. When sleep mode does not work,...
  6. Newly Built PC Got a DPC Watchdog Bluescreen

Newly Built PC Got a DPC Watchdog Bluescreen: Hello, i've built a new pc for myself Here's my specs Ryzen 5 3600 Asrock B450M Pro 4 16gb DDR4 Tforce DarkZ 3200 Mhz Samsung 256gb 860 EVO 1TB Seagate Baracuda GTX 1070 ti when i remote play Mortal Kombat 11, I always got a BSOD after 2 - 5 minutes DPC_WATCHDOG Error...
  7. newly built pc

newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  8. USB boot keeps freezing on newly built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB boot keeps freezing on newly built PC: A few days ago i built myself a new desktop PC and tried to install windows 10 from a bootable USB that I created with Windows media creation tool. My motherboard recognized the USB stick as an option to boot and so I tried to boot from the Stick. At first the PC restarted...
  9. Newly built pc Freezing/hanging

Newly built pc Freezing/hanging: I have just recently built myself this new pc and I am running into an issue where it freezes randomly and the taskbar becomes unresponsive. When gaming it dosent seem to do it but when navigating windows it will freeze for a short period of time or somtimes (more often than...
  10. Newly built computer keeps bluescreening

Newly built computer keeps bluescreening: My desktop that I built this summer has been randomly giving BSODs after prolonged use. They are generic error messages like "IRQL not less or equal" but they are always different so far. I have all drivers up to date, but there was nothing in my minidump folder. I enabled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly bluescreens after reset