Windows 10: Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing

Discus and support Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last week I recently built my new PC and it was working fine up until last night when I was live streaming a game of CS:GO and my PC randomly crashed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CamScag, Nov 15, 2019.

1. CamScag Win User

Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing

Last week I recently built my new PC and it was working fine up until last night when I was live streaming a game of CS:GO and my PC randomly crashed during warmup. Little did I know this was just the start of it... I left my PC on throughout the night and woke up the next morning to it have been restart. I thought it could’ve been a power outage or something so I ignored it but when I logged in and tried to open something everything went black and the computer crashed similarly to the previous day. Now, my pc either crashes in the middle of the booting process, when I log in, or if it makes it that far it will crash when I attempt to open an application. I’ve tried resetting my BIOS to default settings, booting in safe mode, I even reinstalled my cpu + cooler because I thought I might’ve messed it up somehow but still no luck. I am hesitant about restoring windows to factory settings since it seems to be more of a hardware issue although I’ll do it if necessary. I have also tried opening task manager just when logging in and nothing seems abnormal. The temperatures are around 30 C and the cpu usage percent is around 5-20%. Any and all help is appreciated.
    Unsure if this is related but just this morning my 144hz monitor stopped working as well. Tried both displayports on my GPU although connecting it via HDMI seems to work fine.

Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HrXgwh

:)

CamScag, Nov 15, 2019

2. New pc keeps crashing

Recently my newly built pc has crashed and gone into the recovery screen every startup. Ive tryed to system restore and other options but it keeps crashing before the process is completed. Current error code is

File: \windows\system32\drivers\ReFYSv1.sys

errorcode: 0xc0000221

RascallyManx894, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Issues Connecting Newly Built PC to Ethernet

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I'm having issues getting my newly built PC connected to the Internet. I have an Ethernet cord plugged into my modem and into my PC but Windows is not detecting a connection. Any help is appreciated.

If this is of any help, my MOBO is an MSI Z97 Gaming 5.

Michaelciv1, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Macbeth Win User

Macbeth, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Newly Built PC Keeps Crashing - Similar Threads - Newly Built Keeps

2. Newly built PC crashes continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built PC crashes continuously: I recently built a PC with a Ryzen 7 2700 RX 590 gpu, 16 gb ram ddr4 and gigabyte b450m ds3h. As for storage I installed my old HDD (that had windows installed) and 970 EVO Plus m2 ssd. At the begining I booted form the old HDD but despite installing new drivers windows...
  3. Windows not Activating on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activating on my newly built PC: Hi Community, I've been using an Intel Core i-5 4670K with an ASUS motherboard build for years (since 2013). Back then I was in university. The university portal gave the students access to official Microsoft products through their licence agreement with Microsoft. When...
  4. Newly built pc Freezing/hanging

Newly built pc Freezing/hanging: I have just recently built myself this new pc and I am running into an issue where it freezes randomly and the taskbar becomes unresponsive. When gaming it dosent seem to do it but when navigating windows it will freeze for a short period of time or somtimes (more often than...
  5. Newly built PC, can't activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Newly built PC, can't activate windows.: Hi all, Throughout this week I bought and built my new PC after the old one had mobo issues. I just finished installing Windows 10 on the new system but it won't let me activate. I fiddled around in my Microsoft account and though that removing the old PC(s) would help...
  6. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot: Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities straight out of the box like my old laptop did, which means I can't use it as a mobile hotspot like I did my old laptop. If I...
  7. Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC: I just finished building a new PC and all was working fine for a while until I went to install the OS. I used a USB that I put the ISO file on and when I turned on the computer, I received a bunch of error messages. First was error 0xc0000221, then 0xc0000098, then...
  8. Newly Built PC random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly Built PC random BSODs: I just built this PC and I keep getting random BSODs. I used driver verifier and it showed that there is a issue with the sound driver. I updated it, but I still get the bsods but am not sure if it is for a different reason. . The PC also started randomly stuttering after the...
  9. Newly built computer keeps bluescreening

Newly built computer keeps bluescreening: My desktop that I built this summer has been randomly giving BSODs after prolonged use. They are generic error messages like "IRQL not less or equal" but they are always different so far. I have all drivers up to date, but there was nothing in my minidump folder. I enabled...
  10. "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes

"newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes: Hey, I recently refurbished my PC a bit, to accomodate a new graphics card, and speed it up. The only parts remainig from the old pc which ran for 6 years very stable is the RAM, and a mass storage 2TB Hitachi HDD, the case, DVD player and the PSU. The OS (Windows 10...