Windows 10: Newly built PC Windows 10 - No Brightness Control

Discus and support Newly built PC Windows 10 - No Brightness Control in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The monitor is iiyama ProLite E2483HS connected with HDMI to new PC with licenced and registered copy of Windows 10. The controls on the menu on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by G6andrew, Jan 12, 2020.

1. G6andrew Win User

Newly built PC Windows 10 - No Brightness Control

The monitor is iiyama ProLite E2483HS connected with HDMI to new PC with licenced and registered copy of Windows 10. The controls on the menu on the monitor are greyed out, so I cannot adjust them on the monitor. I have reverted to the Generic monitor is Windows 10 and selected the option to delete the previous up to date driver from the iiyama.

Still no Brightness slider. Windows is hurting my eyes.

How do I either get the slider to appear or let the monitor have control? I have no problem with doing registry edits if it comes to it..

:)

G6andrew, Jan 12, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 12, 2020
  3. How can i control the brightness on pc?

Hi Tator,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you do not have any buttons on the keyboard to control the brightness.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Do you have any buttons configured on the PC monitor? (On the left/right/back/front side of the PC monitor)
    Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the steps in the below article and check if you are able to adjust the screen brightness.

Change screen brightness

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-screen-brightness

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Newly built PC Windows 10 - No Brightness Control

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Newly built PC Windows 10 - No Brightness Control

1. Newly built PC Windows 10 - No Brightness Control - Similar Threads - Newly built Brightness

2. Trouble installing windows 10 on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing windows 10 on newly built pc: I was trying to use my schools free windows 10 education edition. I think I used the wrong product key though. When it asks me to sign in it won't let me use my personal account. When I sign in with my school account it says, "Your organization doesn't allow users to set up...
  3. Installing windows 10 onto newly built pc!!

Installing windows 10 onto newly built pc!!: I recently have built a pc and i accidentally bought a disc which i cannot put into my pc, so im wondering how i can install the windows 10 without the disc?...
  4. Newly built PC crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built PC crashed: Hi, I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out. is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters. Here's the link to the file...
  5. Newly built pc help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc help: So ive got my pc all built and set up. I have windows 10 on a laptop, and got windows 10 education for free. So i know theres a media creation tool, do i just use that and then enter the product key once i put the usb in the pc and boot it up? submitted by /u/Hballzz...
  6. Window 10 installation on newly built PC

Window 10 installation on newly built PC: Hello, so i have recently built a pc and im trying to install window 10. Once im on the installation part it restarts the pc and it ask me to basically do it all over again....
  7. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  8. My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DS4 controller will not work with my newly built PC: I built this PC specifically to play games on with my DS4 controller and everyone I have talked to says that its not supported by windows but there is plug and play for the most part. ive been trying for around 2 weeks now spending hours everyday getting this controller to...
  9. Activiating Windows 10 on my newly built PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activiating Windows 10 on my newly built PC: I recently built my new gaming rig and noticed that I didn't have my Windows 10 activated even though I had it activated with my previous PC, what do I do?...
  10. Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC

Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC: I just finished building a new PC and all was working fine for a while until I went to install the OS. I used a USB that I put the ISO file on and when I turned on the computer, I received a bunch of error messages. First was error 0xc0000221, then 0xc0000098, then...