Windows 10: Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

Discus and support Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just finished building my first PC and I have run into a myriad of issues. Chief among them being the fact that I bought a motherboard that has Wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xJustincase, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

I just finished building my first PC and I have run into a myriad of issues. Chief among them being the fact that I bought a motherboard that has Wifi and Bluetooth built in but I have no wifi option in my network/internet page. I don't even think I have wifi drivers. I'm struggling and I don't know what to do. Im hoping someone more experienced with these things can help me. Heres what I'm working with.

Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard It will be moved a lot and no ethernet available.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz 4.2 GHz Max Boost Socket AM4 65W 100-100000031BOX Desktop Processor

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 DirectX 12 GT 1660 GAMING X 6G 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 PC4 24000 Intel XMP 2.0 Memory Kit Model CMK16GX4M2B3000C15

SSD: Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 64-layer 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive SSD WDS500G3X0C

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A High Airflow Full-metal Mesh Design, ATX Mid-tower, Digital-RGB Lighting, 140mm D-RGB Case Fans, Tempered Glass, Dual System

PSU: CORSAIR CX-M Series CX550M 450W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Semi-Modular Power Supply, CP-9020101-NA

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler, 4 CDC Heatpipes, 120mm PWM Fan, Aluminum Fins for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151 Used as Exhaust

Thanks.

:)

xJustincase, Nov 12, 2020

2. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities straight out of the box like my old laptop did, which means I can't use it as a mobile hotspot like I
    did my old laptop. If I buy a bluetooth dongle would I be able to use my new PC as a WiFi hotspot? It's connected to our router by an ethernet cable so it would provide a better WiFi coverage than the router itself does, as the WiFi barely reaches my phone
    in my room.

PaulMay-Miller, Nov 12, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Newly Built PC, NO WIFI driver after installing chipset, and drivers.

Hi googoogaga94

Sorry, there will be no WiFi capability built into the Motherboard . ..

You have 2 options, you can purchase a small USB WiFi dongle, they cost approx. $5+ on the Internet, or you can purchase a full WiFi card, either of those will allow you to connect to your Home WiFi connection

Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option ff66285c-6f22-43de-87b8-7911afcf9c90?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Nov 12, 2020
  4. NTM2003 Win User

Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

Wifi names

I was wondering can you put anything as a wifi name for example I wanted to put CIA-outpost-#### random number is that illegal? I've seen FBI surveillance van 006 before on my list of wifi names I can pick up.

NTM2003, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

1. Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option - Similar Threads - Newly Built Wifi

2. My wifi driver wont open on my newly built pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi driver wont open on my newly built pc.: I just created a new pc and when I was installing windows I ran into a problem. My pc could not find the wifi. My friend helped me finish the rest of the installation without connecting wifi by using the command OOBE\BYPASSNRO. Now I got the Wifi AMD Wifi Driver onto a usb...
  3. My wifi driver wont open on my newly built pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi driver wont open on my newly built pc.: I just created a new pc and when I was installing windows I ran into a problem. My pc could not find the wifi. My friend helped me finish the rest of the installation without connecting wifi by using the command OOBE\BYPASSNRO. Now I got the Wifi AMD Wifi Driver onto a usb...
  4. Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?: So, I have just finished building a new PC, and I tried to connect to the internet since the motherboard that I used has built in WiFi, but during the windows setup phase, nothing showed up and I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I eventually went...
  5. Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?

Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?: So, I have just finished building a new PC, and I tried to connect to the internet since the motherboard that I used has built in WiFi, but during the windows setup phase, nothing showed up and I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I eventually went...
  6. New PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option: I just finished building my first PC and I have run into a big issue. I bought a motherboard that has Wifi and Bluetooth built in but I have no wifi option in my network/internet page. I dont know if I have wifi drivers. I'm struggling and I don't know what to do. Im hoping...
  7. New PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

New PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option: I just finished building my first PC and I have run into a big issue. I bought a motherboard that has Wifi and Bluetooth built in but I have no wifi option in my network/internet page. I dont know if I have wifi drivers. I'm struggling and I don't know what to do. Im hoping...
  8. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  9. Newly Built PC, NO WIFI driver after installing chipset, and drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly Built PC, NO WIFI driver after installing chipset, and drivers.: Good Evening, I've been struggling for about a week now, this is my first ever pc build. every piece is brand spanking new. I've download all updated drivers to a USB then transfer on to my PC. I installed all my drivers, but I have yet to see my wifi appear. The only option...
  10. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot: Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities straight out of the box like my old laptop did, which means I can't use it as a mobile hotspot like I did my old laptop. If I...