Windows 10: Newly Created Folder (along with files) Lost after I Accidentally Pressed "Ctrl+Z"

Discus and support Newly Created Folder (along with files) Lost after I Accidentally Pressed "Ctrl+Z" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I just lost my files in a new folder when I accidentally pressed "ctrl+z". They are not in the recycle bin. How can I find them back? And BTW,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jasper Hu, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Jasper Hu Win User

Newly Created Folder (along with files) Lost after I Accidentally Pressed "Ctrl+Z"

Hi,

I just lost my files in a new folder when I accidentally pressed "ctrl+z". They are not in the recycle bin. How can I find them back? And BTW, "ctrl+z" for a new folder is really a bad idea! Can't you just remove this function from windows?

Jasper

:)

Jasper Hu, Oct 15, 2019
  2. NeoLiya Win User

ctrl + z = my folder got deleted

Hello,

so I accidentally deleted my folder with videos (by pressing ctrl and z), I tried to recover them with "Recuva", but it found only few videos... Are my files lost forever ? T 3 T

NeoLiya, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Recover accidentally Ctrl+Z moved files from external device?

Earlier today I moved about 20 video files and 50 image files from my Android device (Some on the phone, some on the SD card), onto my windows computer (This PC/Videos). When trying to sort them out and ctrl
    click all image files to move them to my pictures, I accidentally copied about 30 pics into the same folder. To resolve I did ctrl + z a few times and before I knew it it had undone it to before the point where the files were moved to my PC. I tried to Ctrl
    + Y but it would not redo, they have not reappeared on my phone either.

I need to recover all of the files and really really hope that it is possible to do so somehow. They are not in my recycle bin as they were not deleted, just undone to before the point they were actually moved.

Any suggestions is really appreciated.

Thank you.

MatthewBurnett, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Newly Created Folder (along with files) Lost after I Accidentally Pressed "Ctrl+Z"

CTRL-Z undo or disappear files.

Good day all

Windows 10 seem to create a big issue for users.

I cut some photos from my mobile's memory card to my laptop. I put them in a new file and then resized them. Because of a wrong setting I created copies of the original photos in the same file. Pressing CTRL-Z did not work out to bring prior to resizing.
    Unfortunately pressing CTRL-Z for a second time was catastrophic. The photos vanished. Simply vanished.

Seems there is an issue with this command. It is supposed to help the user save some time. Instead it is creating confusion and waste of the user's time.

Dont look for your files. They are gone. Where?

Only Bill knows...

Elias another disappointed windows user...

ELIASPEREZORO, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Newly Created Folder (along with files) Lost after I Accidentally Pressed "Ctrl+Z"

1. Newly Created Folder (along with files) Lost after I Accidentally Pressed "Ctrl+Z" - Similar Threads - Newly Created Folder

2. How to recover files lost by ctrl+z

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover files lost by ctrl+z: Look...
  3. How to recover files lost by ctrl+z

in Windows 10 Gaming
  4. How to recover files lost by ctrl+z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost pictures after rename and CTRL+Z

Lost pictures after rename and CTRL+Z: Hello,I renamed multiple pictures at once and after doing a CTRL + Z I lost 80% of my pictures I had 130 pictures. I can't retrieve them on my computer or with recovery softwares... Any idea?Regards,Théo...
  6. How to recover files lost by ctrl+z in Windows 10?

How to recover files lost by ctrl+z in Windows 10?: Here's steps to my issue:1. Made a new PNG file by making a duplicate of another PNG, by pressing Copy and Paste in a Windows 10 File Explorer.2. Did some edits to this duplicate PNG in Photoshop and saved it.3. Hit ctrl-z twice on accident in windows and now my file is gone....
  7. Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.

Files deleted permanently for pressing ctrl + z on the wrong window.: So I was ironically trying to make a back up of my android phone as it has a lot of important pictures. I made a new folder on desktop and went to the folder on my android selected everything and then moved them to the new folder on my PC. I decided to undo the move, so I...
  8. What the f**** is happening to windows? I lost two days of work after pressing CTRL-Z in...

What the f**** is happening to windows? I lost two days of work after pressing CTRL-Z in...: I copied a folder I'm working in in my documents to create a backup. I started working for two day's in the newly created folder, I left the windows explorer window open. I have multiple screens and didn't realize at some point I had the windows explorer window active when...
  9. How to recover files lost by ctrl+z

How to recover files lost by ctrl+z: Remember this from 2014 with over 2000 people pressing "I have the same question" and nearly 100000 people searching for an answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-update/how-to-recover-files-lost-by-ctrlz/74e7e588-e27d-4e04-8eda-5876ced6adaf...
  10. Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z

Txt file Turned into 0kb after pressing ctrl + z: i was working on 2 text file, i saved the data from my server and saved it on those 2 text files after that i accidently pressed ctrl+z or don't know which key that the both files i saved are still there but data is 0kb, i tried redo but no luck, files are not even in tmp...