Windows 10: Newly Flickering AMD displays in W10

Discus and support Newly Flickering AMD displays in W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've two W10 machines both running onboard MOBO amd/Radeon graphics; these medium/low performance graphics engines suite my needs perfectly. Newer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pcmacd, Mar 29, 2019.

1. pcmacd Win User

Newly Flickering AMD displays in W10

I've two W10 machines both running onboard MOBO amd/Radeon graphics; these medium/low performance graphics engines suite my needs perfectly.

Newer machine is an R7 with "display" driver 22.19.677.257 dated 9/2017 signed AMD.

Older machine (newer installation) is an HD 4290 driver 8.970.100.9001 dated 1/2015 signed AMD.

Hmmm. Different. I guess one is lots newer.

All of a sudden BOTH of the machines flicker or blink for half a second and come back a couple times a minute. This can't be a coincidence, as I believe they both did an update last week.

Both machines sport HP LP1965 monitors. The R7 has a single monitor on the HDMI port, and the HD 4290 has one each on the HDMI and D-sub ports.

I ran a Malwarebytes scan (wouldn't that be an evil virus? make you think you have hardware trouble?) on the R7, found nichts.

What is the simplest way to fix this? This is not a power issue or the speakers would bark while playing music on the computers and expect my other appliances would not be happy.

tanks

mac

:)

pcmacd, Mar 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 Screen Flickering on HP with AMD display driver

Windows 10 version 1511 (105586.14) was updated automatically to the November release (KB3118754) on my PC; I have been using Windows 10 on my HP desktop (Pavilion p7-1414) for months. Now, I have rapidly blinking horizontal lines on my HP display (driver
    AMD Radeon HD 7560D). Per Microsoft 'Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10', the source of the problem appears to be the AMD driver - the Task Manager flickers. The flicker does not occur in 'Safe Mode with Networking' or after I enable all previously
    running programs and services (one at a time after restart); the problem remains after all non-safe mode services are stopped (except for 8 that can't be disabled during operation). I ensured that the latest AMD driver is installed (uninstalled and reinstalled).
    I uninstalled potential problem programs (iCloud, disabled IDT audio). However, the flickering does disappear if I leave a video running (e.g., YouTube in the background). I reported this problem to AMD - no reply yet. I really do not want to replace a display
    (2011xi IPS LED Backlit Monitor) that is only about two years old. Any other suggestions?

MichaelM48, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Screen Flickering on HP with AMD display driver

I finally managed to get my display to stop flickering. The flickering does not occur when I have the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' installed. I reached this state after I had completely uninstalled all AMD software (using their AMD install manager).
    To arrive at this state I made several attempts at uninstalling and attempting to install AMD's current and beta crimson drivers (even after reading all their notes). At one point, I thought that I had successfully installed the crimson software, but the OS
    reverted my display adapter back to the 7560D version that was operating before I started any of this. I don't know what I'm functionally missing without the AMD software, but my display is stable without it.

MichaelM48, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Newly Flickering AMD displays in W10

Display flickering in Windows 10

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with display on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers, try the below and check if it helps.

As updating the drivers couldn't resolve the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers in safe mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to place the computer in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click on the
      Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.
    Also refer: How to: Install and Update driversin Windows 10

Step 3: Place the computer in normal mode and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

For more information refer to: Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 for
    flickering screen.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Newly Flickering AMD displays in W10

1. Newly Flickering AMD displays in W10 - Similar Threads - Newly Flickering AMD

2. Flickering display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering display: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H1 on a recently refurbished Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with a new 27" Dell monitor. The display flickers every 3 seconds and, for the first second of the flicker, the bottom1/3 of the display is covered by a virtual gray film. Have followed...
  3. W10 - Screen flicker when first displaying images / video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 - Screen flicker when first displaying images / video: Good morning,I'm looking for some support as when I startup my device, after letting windows load, and go onto something such as facebook or youtube or if I launch a game first my whole screen and sometimes screens flicker black for 3-7 seconds before coming back on, this is...
  4. W10 screen flickering

W10 screen flickering: Hi, I have a really annoying bug. Fresh Windows 10 Install has screen flickering like crazy. As soon as i lock my screen it flashes then it's like glitching, showing random pixels and screen keeps clicking... The screen works perfectly when used with another PC. Here is...
  5. display flickers

display flickers: I have an Hp 2311 X display and the screen has been flickering for a few months but is getting worse . i have the lastest display drivers AMD Redeon 5 . Any idea what could be causing it ?...
  6. Display Flickering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Flickering: I have been using the dell inspiron 13 5378 for 3 years now and have not had any issue except for some on and off heating issues .. Recently, my laptop display has started to flicker. I have updated drivers, changed refresh rate, rebooted and have done everything to fix it on...
  7. Newly installed fonts not displaying

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly installed fonts not displaying: I have installed fonts onto my new Windows 10 computer. They are listed in the font list, but do not display in WORD or PPT. If I type them in a cell in EXCEL however they do display properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them. I have run repairs on my entire Office...
  8. display flicker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    display flicker: while I connect to microsoft account in laptop . im using windows 10 Lenovo ideapad , I tired to solve this problem , plz help me ??????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-flicker/5aedffd9-e128-42a8-84bc-88ddb715d9a2"
  9. AMD Athlon CPUs on W10

AMD Athlon CPUs on W10: I have a client who had an issue after upgrading W10. These are the specs: HP Pavilion p6754y Magnesium Gray Edition Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP®Â*Support We had a problem with performance. TM showed CPU usage was in the 90s. After a lot of working msconfig,...
  10. Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best AMD R9 280X Display Driver for W10?: Hey guys. What is the best known functioning Windows 10 display driver for the ASUS AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB graphics card? I tried to update to the latest available from the AMD drivers & support page and I keep constantly experiencing my display driver crashing. It just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can virusake my laptop screen flicker

2. latest amd updates flicking hdmi display

3. w10 amd graphic display cause tasbar flickering