Windows 10: Newly imaged SSD with free Win10 Pro ISO suddenly wants activation key, cannot bypass

Discus and support Newly imaged SSD with free Win10 Pro ISO suddenly wants activation key, cannot bypass in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a friend who's HDD failed. I found out later that the HDD that died was on Win10 Home So I purchased them a new SSD and used the Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by toferyo, Aug 30, 2021.

1. toferyo Win User

Newly imaged SSD with free Win10 Pro ISO suddenly wants activation key, cannot bypass

Hi, I have a friend who's HDD failed. I found out later that the HDD that died was on Win10 Home So I purchased them a new SSD and used the Win10 install tool from microsoft to install Win10 Pro for them. I installed the new SSD and reinstalled all their apps from scratch etc, and got everything set up and working. I personally have used pc's with "unactivated" Windows for years, and it should never be a problem. It worked for several months until the other day, they called me and said windows is suddenly asking for an activation key, and they can't bypass it to use their computer.I've used

:)

toferyo, Aug 30, 2021

2. Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

I bought a Win10Pro key, motherboard, SSD.

Installed and activated.

Had to RMA the motherboard, wiped the new SSD and am using it for storage on different device.

Got motherboard back and installed. Still have Win10Pro product key, but I'm using the original (not newly bought) SSD (new one is wiped anyway).

Receiving code 0xc004f050.

Troubleshooter sends me here.

Key should be active on my account (I'm told) but I don't know how to get Pro on this device.

Lead Balloon, Aug 30, 2021
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Newly imaged SSD with free Win10 Pro ISO suddenly wants activation key, cannot bypass

Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

I want to upgrade my 4 years old laptop to SSD. I will remove the SATA and install a SSD. the Run an ISO image to install Win10, when activation is needed, can I use my previous OEM key?

Carlos AlbertoArduz Mercado, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

Newly imaged SSD with free Win10 Pro ISO suddenly wants activation key, cannot bypass

1. Newly imaged SSD with free Win10 Pro ISO suddenly wants activation key, cannot bypass - Similar Threads - Newly imaged SSD

2. Newly imaged SSD with free Win10 Pro ISO suddenly wants activation key, cannot bypass

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newly imaged SSD with free Win10 Pro ISO suddenly wants activation key, cannot bypass: Hi, I have a friend who's HDD failed. I found out later that the HDD that died was on Win10 Home So I purchased them a new SSD and used the Win10 install tool from microsoft to install Win10 Pro for them. I installed the new SSD and reinstalled all their apps from scratch...
  3. Windows 10 Pro free Activation Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro free Activation Key: Hi, I have a question: I recently activated my Windows 10 pro with a free activation key (from online tutorial). It worked but there is the sentence „Windows is activated using your organization‘s activation service“ I don’t know this organization, but can this organization...
  4. Win10 Pro Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro Activation: I purchased a computer with Win10 Home, then purchased Win10 Pro from the Microsoft Store, It failed on the install for some reason, I then put my Win10 key back in. After an windows update, it somehow upgraded to Win10 Pro but is not activated. I cannot find my...
  5. Windows Home (free) installed but I want to activate Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Home (free) installed but I want to activate Pro: Hello guys, yesterday I was building my pc and at the end uninstalled windows, but as I didnt have a product key yet, I got the free version... however I accidentally installed the free windows home version instead of the free windows pro version... is it possible for me to...
  6. Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD: I bought a Win10Pro key, motherboard, SSD. Installed and activated. Had to RMA the motherboard, wiped the new SSD and am using it for storage on different device. Got motherboard back and installed. Still have Win10Pro product key, but I'm using the original not newly...
  7. Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license: 1. Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro via the microsoft store 2. Windows now prompts for activation, it was a digital license bought through my MS account, it should auto activate but it does not 3. I have the windows 10 pro purchase in my order history,...
  8. Sudden Win10 Pro Activation error

Sudden Win10 Pro Activation error: Having had a legitimate copy of Win10x64 Pro since release, over the past week I have been presented with an activation error (0xC004C003). Running the trouble shooter tells me that I I do not have a license for Pro however, looking at my MS account online it clearly states I...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Imaging / SysPrep / Activation Key

Windows 10 Pro - Imaging / SysPrep / Activation Key: We recently took delivery of 50 new PCs with Windows 10 Pro installed. I'd like to create a single image that I can copy to all of them. We've built one PC to our requirements. I've then been reading up on SysPrep tool to strip back the Machine SID, and activation key...
  10. Cannot recover Activation Image, Switched from Professional to Education with A pro key...

Cannot recover Activation Image, Switched from Professional to Education with A pro key...: I cannot recover my activation as Windows thinks its now an "education" version despite installing Windows 10 Pro, the Store works fine, and so does Remote Desktop trying to use a windows 10 install USB does not work either as it shows up with a vlk licence agreement instead...