Windows 10: Newly installed apps from Microsoft Store don't run

Discus and support Newly installed apps from Microsoft Store don't run in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Windows version 2004 OS build 19041.546 I'm getting an error every time I install a new app from Microsoft Store [ATTACH] "The specified path does... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Edi F., Oct 2, 2020.

1. Edi F. Win User

Newly installed apps from Microsoft Store don't run

Windows version 2004 OS build 19041.546

I'm getting an error every time I install a new app from Microsoft Store Newly installed apps from Microsoft Store don't run ea49d103-9fec-4591-b671-147ba40ad8ac?upload=true.png

"The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again."

The first time that this happened was when I was following the microsoft tutorial "Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10" and everything was fine until "Step 6 - Install your Linux distribution of choice" I installed Ubuntu - the process apparently was successful, but when I've tried to run the app that popup error image above appeared. So, I tried to install some other app to see if it was only ubuntu and found that any new app that I install from microsoft store gave me this non-sense!!!

The path in question is an hidden directory\folder on Program Files\WindowsApps

Newly installed apps from Microsoft Store don't run b6d534c2-e078-4461-9c21-f80780f1046c?upload=true.png

And since I'm the administrator I click continue, but just to be denied by the system...

Newly installed apps from Microsoft Store don't run c4d10f3d-359b-4cf1-811c-de66fce16a98?upload=true.png

I don't know if this is the normal behavior of this folder, but I can open and see it's contents with the command prompt running as administrator. And I'm not sure if I should take ownership of that folder and mess their ways!?

I'm an old-school guy so I don't normally install software from microsoft store but recently I wanted to play some free games and I noticed that the icons from microsoft app store were somewhat weird looking default icons when I use the search bar to look them up! I don't know if this is associated with the problem, but this was happening before this error came up which I had ignored it, because I don't care about the icons as long as software works.

Newly installed apps from Microsoft Store don't run 01ea623b-a660-471b-9914-f27fdedc5f84?upload=true.png

I've tried to find a solution by searching the internet but the results that I get are a bit confusing and not recent - old threads and not related with this particular problem!

What I tried:

- Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. - No problems found!

-

What I'm willing to do?

- I can use the command prompt or powershell to solve the problem as long as I don't aggravate the problem.

What I don't want to do?

- Reset the PC by eliminating all my apps but keeping my documents. Just in last resort!!!!

I have many applications on my pc that are big and their settings customized to my taste and will it be taking forever to reinstall and personalize it again, I don't wanna have my weekend ruined!!!

:)

Edi F., Oct 2, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft
    Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Newly installed apps from Microsoft Store don't run - Similar Threads - Newly installed apps

2. How can I fix Microsoft store and the Xbox app not running games that are newly installed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I fix Microsoft store and the Xbox app not running games that are newly installed?: Every time I download a game and try to run it, it does not open and refuses to tell me why it wont open. When I try and scan the game it says its open but no applications are active in task manager. If I go into files it seems that everything is normal, it even gives me the...
  3. How can I fix Microsoft store and the Xbox app not running games that are newly installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix Microsoft store and the Xbox app not running games that are newly installed?: Every time I download a game and try to run it, it does not open and refuses to tell me why it wont open. When I try and scan the game it says its open but no applications are active in task manager. If I go into files it seems that everything is normal, it even gives me the...
  4. How can I fix Microsoft store and the Xbox app not running games that are newly installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  6. Newly purchased Microsoft Store app will not install, previously purchased apps won't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly purchased Microsoft Store app will not install, previously purchased apps won't run: I just purchased a new app from the Microsoft Store and it won't install. The icon just spins and it doesn't respond to trying to cancel the download. An available update does the same thing on the Library screen. Two previously purchased items from the Store also will not...
  7. Newly purchased Microsoft Store app will not install, previously purchased apps won't run

Newly purchased Microsoft Store app will not install, previously purchased apps won't run: I just purchased a new app from the Microsoft Store and it won't install. The icon just spins and it doesn't respond to trying to cancel the download. An available update does the same thing on the Library screen. Two previously purchased items from the Store also will not...
  8. Cannot run apps installed by Microsoft Store

Cannot run apps installed by Microsoft Store: I have been unable to run Apps installed from Microsoft Store. First I found a broken permissions issue with C:\Program Files\WindowsApps . I repaired permissions and restored TrustedInstaller as owner. Even after that, when I install an app, I don't have permission to...
  9. No newly-installed Microsoft Store apps will launch

No newly-installed Microsoft Store apps will launch: Hi, On my Windows 10 PC at home, I can no longer install any apps via the Microsoft Store, any more I get a message stating that 'the parameter is incorrect'. This isn't a problem for apps installed more than a couple of months ago. I've tried repairing, resetting and...
  10. Store Apps don't install

Store Apps don't install: Hi All, I created an MS account so I could install apps from the Store. Creating the MS account went smooth. I accessed the Store and attempted to install the Facebook app, and the progress bar went two thirds across the window and stopped moving. It still sits there. when I...