Windows 10: Newly installed hard drive does show up in BIOS but not in windows.

Discus and support Newly installed hard drive does show up in BIOS but not in windows. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed a new hard drive in my pc and in the BIOS it shows up as a hard drive but when I try to find it in windows it's nowhere to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Finn Hultermans, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Newly installed hard drive does show up in BIOS but not in windows.

I recently installed a new hard drive in my pc and in the BIOS it shows up as a hard drive but when I try to find it in windows it's nowhere to be found.

I've tried looking in disk manager and formatting it but the drive doesn't show up there the only place that it is showing up in is in device manager as a storage disk but I can't do anything with it.

if anyone has an idea on how to fix this I would like to hear from you.

note: this is a pc that I custom built myself.

:)

Finn Hultermans, Sep 29, 2019
  2. little cat, Sep 29, 2019
  3. recovering files and transferring them to another internal hard drive

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Install the 1 TB hard drive.
    • Install Windows 10 operating system to the 1 TB hard drive which you added.
    • Change the BIOS settings and set first boot option to the newly installed hard drive with working Windows 10 operating system (BIOS settings would differ per manufacturer. Contact your PC manufacturer for assistance on how to do this.)
    • Boot to Windows 10 of newly installed hard drive. Windows 10 should see the other drive.
    • Copy and paste the important files from other drive to the new one.
    • Format the other drive (as needed).

You may check those files you wanted to moved under C:/Users/username.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 29, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Newly installed hard drive does show up in BIOS but not in windows.

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Newly installed hard drive does show up in BIOS but not in windows.

1. Newly installed hard drive does show up in BIOS but not in windows. - Similar Threads - Newly installed hard

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  6. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  7. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Not Showing Up: Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer devices. It is so weird. Can someone help?...
  8. Hard drive not showing up

Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  9. hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hard drive not showing up: my win 10 broke so i decided to reinstall win 10 by usb. before my win 10 broke it would show up that i had two drives now it doesn't. if i check disk management it on shows that i have only one drive submitted by /u/collsheryar [link] [comments]...
  10. Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...

Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...: I recently bought a pc with a 1tb hard drive and 120gb ssd. I'm able to see my hard drive in storage spaces and device manager but I cannot able to access it in the bios or the devices and drives or in disk management. How can I fix this issue and get the hard drive to...