Windows 10: Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10

Discus and support Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I purchased and installed a brand new Samsung 960 EVO (500GB) SSD, but have been having problems with it. I've been getting regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CameronWright1, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10

Hi,

Recently I purchased and installed a brand new Samsung 960 EVO (500GB) SSD, but have been having problems with it. I've been getting regular freezes and crashes (and by regular, I mean at least every 5 minutes, happens especially during gaming). I'll get all sorts of blue screen errors. I installed the SSD into my MOBO about three days ago, and ran a Macrium reflect to clone my hdd to my ssd, and before doing so, I can remember Macrium giving me a warning about a corrupted download on Macrium, and this is what I suspect has done damage to my SSD. Now whenever I run a game or simply browse the web, I get crashes, doesn't happen when I boot from my HDD though. My HDD is a 1TB Green Seagate hdd.

Here's what I've done to try and fix the issue:

- Reinstall windows

- Run Check disk

- Memory check

- Virus check

- Reformat SSD

(And countless other things to no avail).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Cameron.

(Here are my pc specs):

- Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

- GTX 1060 6GB GPU

- Cooler Master V750 (Semi-Modular) PSU

- 2 x 8GB TridentX 3200MhZ RAM

- ASUS b350-PLUS MOBO

- 960 EVO 500GB SSD

- 1TB Seagate Green HDD

:)

CameronWright1, Sep 19, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 20, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10

1. Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Newly Installed SSD

2. Newly installed 2nd NVMe SSD not visible in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly installed 2nd NVMe SSD not visible in Windows Explorer: Hello, I just installed a new, second NVMe SSD in my desktop and I do not see it in Windows Explorer or Disk Management.The new hard drive is visible in BIOS and it looks normal there. It is visible in Device Manager and looks normal under the Properties -> General tab, but...
  3. Crash while installing windows 10 on a newly built pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crash while installing windows 10 on a newly built pc: So I had just finished building my pc and got to the part where I had to install windows. I inserted the USB, booted from it and began the installation process. Midway through, there was a crash with the message: irql_less_or_not_equal Any help to fix this is greatly...
  4. Windows 10 crashes after SSD install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashes after SSD install: Hi I have bought a NUC NUC8I3CYSM with windows 10 home installed on a hdd in the kit. Working absolutely fine until I installed a SSD samsung EVO840. SSD came from another NUC where it worked flawless for years. After SSD install, cant go 1 hour without multiple crashes....
  5. Newly installed ssd is read as a removable drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly installed ssd is read as a removable drive: Hi! I have a thinkpad t440p, I've just replaced the optical drive with a drive tray, and installed a new ssd in it. The drive is recognized, but as aì removable drive, just like an usb drive. How do I avoid this? How do can I make windows read it as a regular internal drive?...
  6. Newly installed windows 10 computer crashes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly installed windows 10 computer crashes BSOD: I have a windows 10 computer that has been having problems for a while. The computer crashes and shows the blue screen of death with different stop codes. I checked all hardware to be sure that it was not a hardware problem, and then reinstalled windows 10 from scratch but...
  7. Windows 10 newly installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 newly installed: Thank you for accepting me to this forum. When I purchased my new PC and had upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1, I was strongly advised to make a back up on data stick. I have searched loads of instructions on the net but cannot figure it out. I am fairly computer literate on Office...
  8. [SOLVED] Crashes, newly installed and no improvement

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Crashes, newly installed and no improvement: Hello I bought for my wife an ASUS ux310uak a half year ago. For several weeks she had crashes with the browser and also I believe BSOD's. I have run SFC's ,CHKDSK's and Dism's before the new install. No improvement so reinstalled W10. Have done the SFC after the install...
  9. How to boot from newly installed SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to boot from newly installed SSD: [img] Hi, Novice question: I just installed a new SSD (disk 1) on my laptop and used Samsung's tool to clone my OS drive (C: on disk 2) onto it. This was done with no error, however I cannot boot from the new SSD in bios, as this hangs up the computer. I assume this...
  10. [Laptop/Help]Install windows 10 with uefi in newly added ssd.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Laptop/Help]Install windows 10 with uefi in newly added ssd.: Hi, I have a MSI GE62 2QD Apache notebook equipped with 1TB HDD and running windows 8.1 core edition in legacy mode. I've recently installed a new m.2 SSD to this system and willing to install windows 10 on new ssd with uefi enabled. First thing I want to know is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows installed in ssd crash