Windows 10: Newly installed Windows 10 20H2 - automatically turns on after 24 hrs?

Discus and support Newly installed Windows 10 20H2 - automatically turns on after 24 hrs? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've recently installed 20H2 from an ISO and configured to my preference. However, I've noticed that when I 'shutdown' and leave it plugged in without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EightK, May 14, 2021.

1. EightK Win User

Newly installed Windows 10 20H2 - automatically turns on after 24 hrs?

I've recently installed 20H2 from an ISO and configured to my preference. However, I've noticed that when I 'shutdown' and leave it plugged in without turning off the power supply, the system would automatically turn itself on exactly 24 hours later. I've noticed / tested this over the past few days. From a power saving aspect, everything is as default set by Windows 10. Is this an anomaly or a known issue?

:)

EightK, May 14, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, May 14, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 14, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

Defender issue on Windows 10

Glad you fixed it.

Windows Defender automatically updates appx every 24 hrs on my Win 10.

If Windows Defender does not autoupdate (upon restart) 24 hrs after today's successful manual update you may need to take additional steps (some of which were listed
    in my first post).

Best regards...

Le Boule, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Newly installed Windows 10 20H2 - automatically turns on after 24 hrs? - Similar Threads - Newly installed 20H2

2. Windows 10 Backup to almost 24 hrs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Backup to almost 24 hrs: My backup on Windows 10 is up to almost 24hrs, I have a new PC and that why I am doing it. Should I assume it's still working? or should I abort and try something else?...
  3. Windows 10 Backup to almost 24 hrs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Backup to almost 24 hrs: My backup on Windows 10 is up to almost 24hrs, I have a new PC and that why I am doing it. Should I assume it's still working? or should I abort and try something else?...
  4. Windows 10 Backup to almost 24 hrs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Over 24 hrs and only 24% of win 11 installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Over 24 hrs and only 24% of win 11 installed: I've read that the install for win 11 can take some time. Should I still be installing 24 hours later and only at 24%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/over-24-hrs-and-only-24-of-win-11-installed/0fcf92a7-87f4-4e43-9ec7-1059e4952b62
  6. Over 24 hrs and only 24% of win 11 installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Over 24 hrs and only 24% of win 11 installed: I've read that the install for win 11 can take some time. Should I still be installing 24 hours later and only at 24%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/over-24-hrs-and-only-24-of-win-11-installed/0fcf92a7-87f4-4e43-9ec7-1059e4952b62
  7. Windows automatically installed update 20H2

Windows automatically installed update 20H2: When I turned PC on this morning Windows was in process of installing update 20H2. Not knowing how to stop the update in process I allowed it to finish. Isn't 20H2 a product intended for insider or pro use? Only a short time ago Windows installed v 2004. Why have they...
  8. chkdsk running for more than 24 hrs.

chkdsk running for more than 24 hrs.: My laptop was crashed after recent windows 2004 update. I have to reset it to Win 8 and then upgraded it to Win 10. It was running good for 3-4 times untill things started to turn bad. My laptop was running super slow, couldn't open any program, task manager etc. sfc /scannow...
  9. 1 hour for you to tell me to wait 24 hrs.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    1 hour for you to tell me to wait 24 hrs.: I purchased something that did not show up. I spent 1 hour on the phone transfered 10 times for your support to say wait 24 hours and hope it shows up... Also in what world is it reasonable to wait 24 hours for a digital purchase to show up.... My question is how is this...
  10. defragment the C drive is taking over 24 hrs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    defragment the C drive is taking over 24 hrs: I was having issues with the speed of my Dell laptop HDD. I ran the de fragment operation and it was going really slow, like 8 hours to get to 45% complete on the first pass. I came back about an hour later and it had been restarted and was repairing the drive note said could...