Windows 10: Newly launched apps open in small window mode.

Discus and support Newly launched apps open in small window mode. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If you guys don't fix this problem, I will never buy another MS product again. I am flippin' sick and tired of having multiple windows open - then try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by denny_71730, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Newly launched apps open in small window mode.

If you guys don't fix this problem, I will never buy another MS product again. I am flippin' sick and tired of having multiple windows open - then try to launch an app - and I have to minimize ALL active program apps before I can get the launched app into a mode where I can hit the maximize button. This is a problem endemic with MS Windows 10. I've seen many threads. And several acknowledged refusals to fix.
    Why don't you just fix it and make your user base happy? Can you be that dense?
    If you knew how many times I was angry enough to cuss at MS - and wanted to throw the computer across the room you would not be able to sleep at night. At least that is true if anyone at MS even cares.
    I will never buy another MS operating system and will switch to Linux, which while a bit unwieldy, IS less irritating to use on a regular basis.
    How do you guys expect to stay in business when free software is superior to your pay-to-use software?
    I don't expect an answer. I sort of suspect a bunch of computer nerds are going to read this and laugh while rubbing their hands together in villain fashion. That's how little I think of you.
    FIX YOUR SOFTWARE SO IT IS EASIER TO USE. Especially stupid highly irritating bugs like this one.

:)

denny_71730, Feb 27, 2019

2. Camera App In Newly Installed Windows 10 Will Not Launch!!

Hi Brad,

Sorry to know that Camera app and other camera apps are not working.

What error do you get when you open Camera app?

If you are using Windows 10, then try the steps below.

For camera app issue, try the steps below.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Install the drivers from the Lenovo for the Camera.

If no drivers are available for Windows 10, then try to install the old drivers in Compatibility Mode and check.

Integrated Camera Driver (1.0M ) for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - Notebook - FR

Try to install the drivers in Compatibility Mode and check if it helps.

• Download the driver and then right-click on it.
    • Click Properties, then on Compatibility tab.
    • Select Compatibility Mode. Click Ok. Then try to install it.
    For reference:

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Camera app and webcams help:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Newly launched apps open in small window mode. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Newly launched apps open in small window mode.

Camera App In Newly Installed Windows 10 Will Not Launch!!

Hi Maria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: You can suggest this troubleshooter for Windows apps issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Use the following steps, checking after each step to see if the issue is resolved.

• Run WSReset.exe.

• Re-register Windows Store by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Newly launched apps open in small window mode.

1. Newly launched apps open in small window mode. - Similar Threads - Newly launched apps

2. apps are opening too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps are opening too small: What has changed? Graphic design software and others are too small to see-- I am visually impaired. I went to>System. >Display, >increased text size. OK on browser, some programs like email but have lost others. This began 5/20/23....
  3. apps are opening too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps are opening too small: What has changed? Graphic design software and others are too small to see-- I am visually impaired. I went to>System. >Display, >increased text size. OK on browser, some programs like email but have lost others. This began 5/20/23....
  4. Automatically launch an app at Windows startup but NOT in administrator mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatically launch an app at Windows startup but NOT in administrator mode: Hi,I set an application to be launched automatically at Windows startup.For some reasons, I don't want this app to be run in administrator mode as I believe every app auto-launched by Windows are in this mode.Any solution please?...
  5. New Clipboard app will not open / launch

New Clipboard app will not open / launch: I have installed a new app from the Store.It is ClipBoard Fast Copy Paste and Share Pro I have not been able open / run / launch it. I have a Desktop shortcut icon, a Taskbar icon, and a Tile in the Start Menu and have repeatedly clicked each one, selecting both Open and run...
  6. Launch Snip and Sketch app, not screenshot mode

Launch Snip and Sketch app, not screenshot mode: Hi all, We have Windows set up for a work environment with customised start menus, and notifications disabled. We created a shortcut to the new Snip and Sketch app with the "%windir%\explorer.exe ms-screenclip:" method and it launches fine, screenshots are saved to the...
  7. Small Window when open App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small Window when open App: When I open an App, my window is small. How do i get it to open full screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-window-when-open-app/159615f6-6785-43fa-9e2e-ca76f054d5f5
  8. Windows 10 not bringing newly opened apps and windows to the front

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not bringing newly opened apps and windows to the front: I've only had this new computer a couple days but I find the way Windows displays newly opened apps and windows very strange. It never puts them on the screen in front of whatever else was being used. I have to close or minimize all other open windows to see them. Is there...
  9. No newly-installed Microsoft Store apps will launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No newly-installed Microsoft Store apps will launch: Hi, On my Windows 10 PC at home, I can no longer install any apps via the Microsoft Store, any more I get a message stating that 'the parameter is incorrect'. This isn't a problem for apps installed more than a couple of months ago. I've tried repairing, resetting and...
  10. Apps won’t open/crash on launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won’t open/crash on launch: I downloaded version 1809 update 2 days ago. I downlaod Halo Wars 2 from the microsoft store. Now when i try to open it crahses after 2 secs. The same thing is happening with MSI Kombuster. That app wont even launch. I have tried reinstalling and nothing is happening. One...