Windows 10: Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window

Discus and support Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This just began happening a week or two ago (today is 7-7-2019) from what I can tell. It occurs no matter what kind of window is currently opened nor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 44GreaterThan45, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window

This just began happening a week or two ago (today is 7-7-2019) from what I can tell. It occurs no matter what kind of window is currently opened nor which kind of window I then open to view. I have to minimize my window and go find the window I've just opened. Would appreciate any simple help in resolving this issue. It may have happened with an automatic downloaded Windows Update, as I haven't changed ANYTHING in Windows programming. Thanks in advance!

:)

44GreaterThan45, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2019
  3. ste2425 Win User
    Command windows opening behind other windows

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick one here.

Ive made a small application to poll TeamCity build monitor take data about current and past builds and store them in a data base. Its only a very small application and im using windows task scheduler to run it every five minuets. Its working grand and does everything its meant to however when it runs it open a command window. Im not displaying anything nor taking user input and its finished and closed in under half a minuet but it opens on top of any windows I already have open. Control is still focused on the window I was working in before the command window opened. What id like to know is there a way within either task scheduler or something I can programme within the application to either stop the command window opening up but the application still run as its not needed or to make it automatically open behind all other open windows?

Thanks all

ste2425, Jul 7, 2019
  4. BigMack70 Win User

Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window

1. Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window - Similar Threads - Newly Opened Appear

2. Application windows opening in the background; behind other windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application windows opening in the background; behind other windows: For a couple of years I have had increasing problems with application windows and dialog boxes opening up behind other windows with no indication that they have opened. Lately this had become an extreme nuisance. Does anyone know how to get a newly opened application or...
  3. Invisible window behind my open windows

Invisible window behind my open windows: Not quite sure how to put this so bear with me. Whether I am closing my last open window to shutdown, or a multiple of windows to shutdown or go to the desktop, there seems to be a ghost window that closes last. It is not seen until I close all windows and it too closes. I...
  4. Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10, New window opens behind current window instead of on top: When I use explorer to open a new window, the new window opens behind the explorer window instead of on top. I find this frustrating and have tried many "solutions" found online for remedying this but nothing has helped. Does anyone know how to fix this? Windows 10 145493
  5. Open new windows behind other windows

Open new windows behind other windows: Hey there, Is there anyway I can get newly opened windows or applications to always open behind existing windows? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-new-windows-behind-other-windows/755d32cb-dd40-4c45-a03e-19892ec8511b
  6. snipping tool opening on desktop behind open windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    snipping tool opening on desktop behind open windows: I was using the snipping tool today until it stopped showing up in front of my open windows and instead remains behind them on the desktop screen...
  7. Taskbar hidden behind open windows

Taskbar hidden behind open windows: My task-bar had been hiding behind all my open windows for a few days now, it was getting really annoying and I couldn't find an answer that solved my problem. Then out of nowhere I thought to hit F11 and see if maybe full-screen mode was on. Indeed that was the case at...
  8. Task bar occasionally opens BEHIND a window

Task bar occasionally opens BEHIND a window: Title says it all. Sometimes, out of no where, my task bar starts opening behind all my windows. This only happens on my main monitor and not my other ones. I have no idea what causes this or how to solve it. Any help is appreciated. EDIT: forgot to include a gif of what...
  9. Change default size of newly opened windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default size of newly opened windows?: I was wondering if theres a way to change how and where new apps open? Say i open a new window of My Computer, it automatically opens in a small box in the left side of my screen. I would prefer it automatically open taking up half of the display. Is this possible? 39741
  10. No window appearing with "Open with" option

in Windows 10 Support
    No window appearing with "Open with" option: Hi Community, Running Windows 10 and whenever I tried and right click a file and select "Open with" I don't that that small window to appear and show me what apps to select. The window where the file is on loses focus but nothing happens until I click or press a key. Is...