Windows 10: Newly reinstalled Windows - Default Speakers aren't the default upon restarting PC?

Discus and support Newly reinstalled Windows - Default Speakers aren't the default upon restarting PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I boot up my PC the default are my Rift S speakers, even though the settings in Windows show that the default are my desktop speakers. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GenderJuicy, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Newly reinstalled Windows - Default Speakers aren't the default upon restarting PC?

Whenever I boot up my PC the default are my Rift S speakers, even though the settings in Windows show that the default are my desktop speakers. I have the latest drivers for Realtek, and this was never the case with my Rift S with my previous Windows installation.

If it's relevant, the Rift S is also up to date, Windows 10 is on the latest update (which it also was prior to reinstalling).

submitted by /u/GenderJuicy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GenderJuicy, Jan 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 resetting default programs on restart/reboot.

Hi,

The default apps are not set properly that's why you are having this issue. To set it up, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Choose Default apps.
    • Go to the right part and scroll all the way down.
    • Click on Set default by app.
    • Then choose the app that you want set as default.
    • Restart your PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Robert Caw, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Mobin Win User
    Default to incorrect resolution

Hey guys

I have an ASUS PB278Q (native 1440p) monitor and a GTX980 G1 Gaming. Latest nVidia drivers installed.

Whenever I cold boot, the monitor defaults to 1080p and I can't change it back to 1440p via the control panel or nVidia settings. It just gives the "Windows could not change your display to this resolution. Try a different resolution." error.

But..... if I restart or unplug/plug the display cable it goes back to 1440p as normal. I have tried cleaning the nVidia drivers and reinstalling, same with the monitor drivers. And nothing!

I don't want to reinstall windows and I hope to god the hardware is not damaged.

What do you'll think GPU or Monitor? Any suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks

Mobin, Jan 19, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Newly reinstalled Windows - Default Speakers aren't the default upon restarting PC?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Newly reinstalled Windows - Default Speakers aren't the default upon restarting PC? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Newly reinstalled Windows - Default Speakers aren't the default upon restarting PC?

1. Newly reinstalled Windows - Default Speakers aren't the default upon restarting PC? - Similar Threads - Newly reinstalled Default

2. Default Drivers reset upon restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Drivers reset upon restart: Hello,At random, my default audio and recording devices SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro and Blue Yeti will be switched out without my input. This has become extremely infurating and has resulted in me becoming late to several online conferences due to my computer suddenly...
  3. Default Drivers reset upon restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Drivers reset upon restart: Hello,At random, my default audio and recording devices SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro and Blue Yeti will be switched out without my input. This has become extremely infurating and has resulted in me becoming late to several online conferences due to my computer suddenly...
  4. Headset\Default Speakers not available

Headset\Default Speakers not available: Hello, recently I was using a cloud gaming service, but when I quit it my default speakers\headset speakers were replaced with Steam Streaming Speakers. I've tried resetting my pc multiple times to no avail. I'm not sure what to do since this is my only pair of headphones and...
  5. Default speaker notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default speaker notification: I recently paired my wireless headphones to my PC. Now every time I put in headphones or take them out I get a large notification across the screen that lets me know my default speaker/audio/microphone has changed. How do I get rid of this?...
  6. Default speaker notification

Default speaker notification: I recently paired my wireless headphones to my PC. Now every time I put in headphones or take them out I get a large notification across the screen that lets me know my default speaker/audio/microphone has changed. How do I get rid of this?...
  7. Default speaker notification

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Laptop speakers aren't default

Laptop speakers aren't default: It's a lenovo thinkpad p50 speakers don't work, only the headphones, and you can see in the properties that it gives jack information, which suggests to me that the headphones are default, and the speakers are being ignored. i was running linux mint 19.3 previous to this...
  9. Default speakers not working

Default speakers not working: Sometimes the default speaker being changed sends the sound to the wrong speaker, it will stay this way until I change it. It will not always be the same speaker it sets it to, and it reacts the same if I try to make changes on the "App volume device preferences"...
  10. Change default size of newly opened windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default size of newly opened windows?: I was wondering if theres a way to change how and where new apps open? Say i open a new window of My Computer, it automatically opens in a small box in the left side of my screen. I would prefer it automatically open taking up half of the display. Is this possible? 39741