Windows 10: News about 1809 Update

Discus and support News about 1809 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please, do "Read All About It" ! Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drew1903, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Drew1903 Win User

News about 1809 Update

Please, do "Read All About It" !

Cheers,
    Drew
    News about 1809 Update b0d7d128-3e8d-445e-8cd5-ca0e9dd5bbe6?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Oct 9, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 9, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 9, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

News about 1809 Update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond News about 1809 Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

News about 1809 Update

1. News about 1809 Update - Similar Threads - News 1809 Update

2. About Disc Cleanup - News Flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Disc Cleanup - News Flash: This recently came to my attention:Something was being said about Disc Cleanup in Win11 not showing where Folks were accustomed to having it or that it was gone*, now. Meaning if one Rt Clicks a Drive & goes to Properties, it is not in the resulting window. It's absence there...
  3. About Disc Cleanup - News Flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Disc Cleanup - News Flash: This recently came to my attention:Something was being said about Disc Cleanup in Win11 not showing where Folks were accustomed to having it or that it was gone*, now. Meaning if one Rt Clicks a Drive & goes to Properties, it is not in the resulting window. It's absence there...
  4. Question about MSN news screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about MSN news screen: Hi all,My MSN newsscreen was of all of a sudden set to Shanghai.....and not just that, but the entire news screen was in Chinese.......and I'm in The Netherlands......I restarted my computer and now it's in Dutch again. But what could have caused it?Thanks for the help!...
  5. Question about MSN news screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about MSN news screen: Hi all,My MSN newsscreen was of all of a sudden set to Shanghai.....and not just that, but the entire news screen was in Chinese.......and I'm in The Netherlands......I restarted my computer and now it's in Dutch again. But what could have caused it?Thanks for the help!...
  6. Question about MSN news screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is this news article about a update, legit?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this news article about a update, legit?: https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/0...rmance-issues/ People from a website where I saw this link at are saying that it's legit while other people are saying that it's not. Plus, I'm not sure I'm even getting the update anyways since I have Radeon. - - - Updated - - - I got a...
  8. google search about trump news

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google search about trump news: i dont know where to post this this is about google search when i search "trump news" in google it displays the result in All section (red box) of google search while i want it to display News section search result (green box) by default for that i have to click on news...
  9. News about Avast Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    News about Avast Antivirus: Just a heads up...... One of the most popular antivirus companies in the world sells people’s sensitive data in a way that can put their privacy at risk, according to new reports. The culprit: Avast is a multibillion-dollar computer security company based in the Czech...
  10. News select case profile 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    News select case profile 1809: Hello, On windows 10, when you copy a profile 'exemple : default profile to C:\users\profile.v6 ' , there is a new select case 'mandatory profile' What does it mean ? what is the difference beteween older version and this, What's difference to rename ntuser.dat to...